Praetorian Group

www.praetoriandigital.com
  www.praetoriandigital.com
There are newer employer reviews for Praetorian Group

A supportive environment that gives you room to grow and learn.

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Praetorian Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I must have asked a thousand questions when I started and was in the process of figuring out all the moving pieces. Every question was met with a detailed answer that really helped me gain perspective on my newly acquired role in a growing and changing company.

My role is one that interacts with every department - and almost every single employee - which has grown to be one of my favorite things about working at PG. I am not limited in my interactions with other employee, nor am I limited to company endeavors related to my team alone. This being my first full time job out of college it is wonderful to gain so much knowledge about all the different departments that make a company a success as a whole.

Additionally, one of the pros about PG is most certainly the culture. I have always been one to enjoy event planning and thinking of ways to get people together to have fun. It is important to know the people you work with in a setting outside the office or conference room. So when I was asked to join the company culture club I was very enthusiastic to do just that. It has been a great experience to find new ways to bring my coworkers together for more then just an after work drink.

Lastly I would say that the Sales team at PG is not at all what I expected it to be. It is so much better then the preconceived notions I had about "Sales people". They are all so supportive and helpful to each other and management - no catty competitiveness on this Sales team. All a complete joy to work with.

Cons

The biggest con would probably be that sometimes communication between managers fails. I think that is something PG is looking into improving - and hopefully the culture club can even have a hand in promoting better communication. There is no harm in looping other managers into a conversation your team is having about process changes, its just something that everyone needs to be better about.

When I see a breakdown in communication happen I know there will be some frustration to follow, because everyone in a company likes to feel informed. that way they can do their job to the best of their ability.

Clear communication is key - yes its exciting that there is a new process, new project or new hire, but let other teams in on that excitement. Another manager, or one of the people in their department, may have a role to play that you are not aware of and its best for people to know from the beginning so they can plan for or discuss it with their own team.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Praetorian Group (View Most Recent)

Great Mission, Good People

I worked at Praetorian Group

Pros

Great experience for a self-starter who wants to learn and has initiative.

Cons

You'll need to be able to take ideas and concepts and turn them into a reality - for people who want to follow step by step instructions with clearly defined roles, this might not be the company for you.

Great company for self starters with an entrepreneurial mind set

I worked at Praetorian Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Praetorian is a great place to learn. You will learn how to get things done, you will learn how to take initiate on projects and you will learn how to work within a small but effective team. It's a very stable company with tons of opportunity to provide a meaningful contribution. If you like solving problems and helping to find new ways for a company to grow then you will enjoy the opportunity here.

The people who excel at Praetorian are those who have conviction in their ability and a desire to see projects through completion. Being a self-starter will take you far at this company.

Cons

If you like your job or tasks to be clearly defined 100% of the time you will feel lost at times. This is however one of the great opportunities of working at this company. Just because you have one title doesn't mean you can't tackle other projects and be involved with aspects of a company you otherwise wouldn't be involved with.

Find new ways to generate ideas from all employees. Automate as much of the daily work as possible. Be proactive in providing increases in compensation and other perks to your highest performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Praetorian Group