Pragmatics

www.pragmatics.com
  www.pragmatics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pragmatics

Pragmatics headed for downturn.

Current Employee - Vice President in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Vice President in McLean, VA

I have been working at Pragmatics

Pros

CMMI Level 4 company with strong work ethics and creative compensation plans. Attracts good leadership

Cons

Family run business, that is run like a family run business. Truly a "shop house" run operation with weak financial controls and arbitrary management framework. Very "cheap" when it comes to investment in growth or business development. Company pays for virtually nothing. Expense reports are combative. Very poor management communication. Company owners are "clock watchers" and value time in the office more than performance. Impatient for results in growth, likely to remain a small business and unlikely to make the leap to a full corporation competing in the bigger federal market. Current task order response business model cannot sustain growth objectives.

Put into place a real financial management system and professional to run the company.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Pragmatics (View Most Recent)

Medium Sized, Caring, IT Services Provider to the Federal Government

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Pragmatics

Pros

1. For the projects I did, Pragmatics has a good reputation with its existing clients.
    2. I liked the project work I did and I liked the people on my project team.
    3. I found senior management to be honest and ethical.
    4. Management seems to have a caring attitude towards employees.
    5. Pragmatics has nice social company outings that help foster unity and team morale.
    6. If you are a big fan of CMMI, Pragmatics has attained level 4 status.

Cons

1. I wish the company had a more diverse client base. For example, I wish they had some commercial clients.
    2. The office decor is kind of drab.

None at this time.

It's Just Too Hard

I worked at Pragmatics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Misery loves company, right? At Pragmatics, there is a collegial spirit that makes the workday really enjoyable. Pragmatics has done a great job in staffing bright, talented Teams that are willing to put in long hours to get the job done. There is a sense that "we are all in this together, so let's make the best of it".

Cons

Even the most basic things are just TOO HARD. Try getting access to a color printer; it's harder than you think! Want office supplies???? They're under lock and key. Did you want to hire someone to grow your project? Sorry, we've designed a recruiting process that's impossible to navigate. You will be expected to put in 10-hour days as the norm. Acts of heroism are the status quo. Branding and marketing using Social Media??? What's THAT??? Cloud services; it's flash-in-the-pan technology! Inter-Office Communications via Chatter, IM, etc? Use the phone, that's why we pay for it!
    It's just too hard...

An IT Company should be using the latest technologies in daily activities. There are plenty of inexpensive, and in fact FREE ways of tapping into technologies that make life easier. Your Government customers are already jumping on the bandwagon. Shouldn't you?

There are newer employer reviews for Pragmatics