There are newer employer reviews for Pragmatics

Sustained, rapid growth with IPO planned in a few years

Current Employee - Vice President  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Vice President in McLean, VA

I have been working at Pragmatics

Pros

High energy, exciting place to work with consistent 30% growth over the past 10 years. Company has over $100M in annual revenues. It is a market leader in the number of IDIQ contracts and process improvement activities. Company invests in big items and has a very egalitarian atmosphere. All employees have same benefits, generous annual bonus, stock options, and a large 401(k) match (100% match up to 6% of salary). Highly adaptable and flexible management. manamanagement,to keep c

Cons

It competes with larger companies so will need to constantly work harder and smarter to beat competition. Must continually adapt and get better in all areas to keep growing.

Keep hiring outstanding talent as you grow. Good people and new ideas are constantly needed. The future is very bright.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Pragmatics (View Most Recent)

Pragmatics headed for downturn.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in McLean, VA

I have been working at Pragmatics

Pros

CMMI Level 4 company with strong work ethics and creative compensation plans. Attracts good leadership

Cons

Family run business, that is run like a family run business. Truly a "shop house" run operation with weak financial controls and arbitrary management framework. Very "cheap" when it comes to investment in growth or business development. Company pays for virtually nothing. Expense reports are combative. Very poor management communication. Company owners are "clock watchers" and value time in the office more than performance. Impatient for results in growth, likely to remain a small business and unlikely to make the leap to a full corporation competing in the bigger federal market. Current task order response business model cannot sustain growth objectives.

Put into place a real financial management system and professional to run the company.

Medium Sized, Caring, IT Services Provider to the Federal Government

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Pragmatics

Pros

1. For the projects I did, Pragmatics has a good reputation with its existing clients.
    2. I liked the project work I did and I liked the people on my project team.
    3. I found senior management to be honest and ethical.
    4. Management seems to have a caring attitude towards employees.
    5. Pragmatics has nice social company outings that help foster unity and team morale.
    6. If you are a big fan of CMMI, Pragmatics has attained level 4 status.

Cons

1. I wish the company had a more diverse client base. For example, I wish they had some commercial clients.
    2. The office decor is kind of drab.

None at this time.

There are newer employer reviews for Pragmatics

Worked for Pragmatics? Contribute to the Community!