Pratt Industries USA

Pratt La Vergne is terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time

Pros

There are some really good employees but they aren't sticking around.

Cons

The turnover is very high, almost 90% of the people that were there when I started less than 5 years ago, are gone. There is no morale. It's hard to be positive when you work overtime constantly and are never thanked for your time or contribution. No one cares how much you do and if someone can't do their job well, then it's your job to do it for them. Even things like taking a sick day are frowned upon and managers will ask other employees if you are really sick or not. The stress is higher than any place I've worked and there is favoritism for 'special' customers. Too bad they aren't even the biggest customers we have. Yet the GM still feels it necessary to complain about high costs even though he's the main reason we have them.
And it's really pitiful that you know corporate knows how poor things are and won't step in and change management.

Quit lying to customers, they see right through it. Only promise what you can deliver. Let your people know how good they are and if they aren't, either fire them or actually train them for once. Quit telling vendors or other GMs how your people "suck so bad I could do the job better myself." No wonder there's no morale. Treat your employees like people. No one wants to work 50-60 hours a week even if you think there's nothing wrong with that. Too bad you've already gone home for the day while they are working their butts off.
Get a new GM, one who knows how to work with people AND run a business, not someone who is a narcissist.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Pratt Industries USA (View Most Recent)

Long hours, chaotic environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, OH

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA

Pros

Decent pay and benefits for the area.

Cons

Poor communication between mgt and hourly workers. It doesn't matter how long you've been there, how much overtime you put in or how hard you work, it seems to never be enough. 10 -12 hour shifts are the norm with very few days off. 6 day work weeks are usually what you work. That's 4 days off a month. New employee training is virtually non-existent. Employees are treated as part of the machines and not as people.

Show a little more appreciation for the good employees you have.

fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Pratt Industries USA

Pros

fun place to work, great people, growing & stable company

Cons

travel, dealing with a commodity item

Better training