There are newer employer reviews for Pratt Institute

Assistant at Grad Admission's Office

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant  in  Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Pratt Institute part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very welcome and nice working environment, can get chances to see lots of amazing portfolios from applicants from all over the world, can wear casually.

Cons

It's just a normal office job, don't expect there is a lot of fun since it's a design school

could be more efficient, sometime a call could solve problem instead of sending people walking to different departments on the campus.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Pratt Institute (View Most Recent)

Only paid two times during entire semester

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Pratt Institute

Pros

As a graduate assistant, they are usually very flexible in accommodating time off for exams and other school work.

Cons

You only get paid twice during the entire semester in two big checks and the first check doesn't come until you have worked about 2 months. Its stressful for students who are struggling with money. I think putting graduate assistants on a normal (and acceptable) pay period of every two weeks would have made me consider staying on but it couldn't cut it with just two checks.

Have an actual PLAN for students each semester. Graduate students are typically over achievers and the work load was not challenging at all. I didn't feel like they really needed me to be there except to do horrible tasks that no one else wanted to do. I was giving the task of reviewing files for every course in a certain program - and it was clear that I got the job because the regular staff (who got paid every two weeks and had full benefits) refused to do it or weaseled out of it somehow.

It has been a wonderful experience. Pratt is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Pratt Institute

Pros

Open environment. Chance to make an impact. Wonderful president.

Cons

Long commute. Accountability is sometimes an issue.

There are newer employer reviews for Pratt Institute

Worked for Pratt Institute? Contribute to the Community!