Pratt & Whitney

www.pw.utc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pratt & Whitney

Excellent Company, Quiet Atmosphere

I worked at Pratt & Whitney

Pros

Steady workflow, integrated business practices, examination of any positive, progressive ideas, team-oriented atmosphere, collaborative

Cons

pay could be much better for the work each engineer is subjected too, management is often slow to implement new practices in the workplace, lack of communication through hierarchy.

256 Other Employee Reviews for Pratt & Whitney (View Most Recent)

An unforgettable, profitable and life enriching experience

I worked at Pratt & Whitney (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting, educational, informative, profitable, abundant opportunities

Cons

No cons of any significance

Keep up the good work

A great place to learn and hopefully grow

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Middletown, CT

I worked at Pratt & Whitney full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Variety probably says it best. Pratt/UTC at least when I was there had job postings galore so you could move around pretty easily every few years or so. Tuition reimbursement was beyond words and probably the best that ever existed. I know many people with at least three degrees. Me, I have 4-1/2. Most I can honestly say will not aid my career but a few will in my private practice. Thanks George!!!!! UTC had a great idea but it didn't have a large impact on employee retention. I knew more people who left after graduation than stayed because they knew their job was going to be short lived unless of course your in the "Good Ole Boys Club". Travel was extremely generous. Fly business class, eat and sleep like a king and that's without taking advantage of the company. I knew many people who were over the top on the companies dime. I'm talking 1000.00 $ dinners for "business associates and related entertainment". Right "FP aka Diamond F"?? The government gets billed in the end so what the hay.

Cons

Reasonable job security would be awesome. Don't use too many of the generous sick / family leave days because you will end up on the hit list next round of layoffs regardless of performance. Expect to get at least one zero raise even if your an "All Star". It's Pratt's/UTC way of sharing the pain that most managers and all executives don't have to feel.

Don't be so greedy. Focus on what your employees are saying or not saying. We/they really do love our jobs but lip service is just that. Do away with "Rack and Stack" and instead forgo you're raise. Don't intimidate us to donate for United Way every year instead let it be our choice. I know you believe its "Free Will" but when your name is printed on the donation paperwork and your told to fill it out, its really not much of a choice, is it. Dismantle the "Good Ole Boys Club"!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Pratt & Whitney