There are newer employer reviews for Praxair Distribution

I gave over and above in time and effort and was flushed like a turd.

Former Employee - Territory Manager
Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Praxair Distribution

Pros

Very little supervision. Lots of freedom if you were friends with the right people.

Cons

Lack of comprehensive training and understanding of the industry by those doing the training. There are the "haves" and the "Have not"s. The "haves" can do no wrong, but don't get caught doing what a "have" does if you are a "have not".

If you give a directive to go from here to there, and the path is blocked by incompetent team members, don't be surprised when an alternate path is taken to make your goal. The "SBI" is a manifesto to hang those declared "witches" by the mediocre, when in fact the "witches" are magicians that have been pulling rabbits out of their hats for a career to make your goals obtainable.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Praxair Distribution (View Most Recent)

Dysfunctional Workplace

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Praxair Distribution

Pros

The pay is okay for those that have something to bring to the table. It has to be the ability to bring customers i.e., revenue to the party, or some specialized skill and have the negotiating skills necessary to make a good case for yourself. Very much like your teen days when having to plead your case to mom and dad, but that's true in most organizations. For me, the pay and benefits were good and I learned a lot, but after my third year there it was really a case of (extremely) diminishing returns.

Cons

All good intentions will never go unpunished at Praxair. The weasels that abound within this organization are legion. Every decent person I met while working there was unceremoniously fired. And for no reason, other than someone was having a bad day and had the power to so, and without exception, were always totally full of themselves. I saw good people with 30+ years of loyal service get axed just because there was a little riff going on in some office somewhere, and whatever location won that month's power struggle was going to retaliate against the other group and get everyone they could fired. Usually squabbles originating from the Canadians who seemed to have real, deep seeded prejudices against Americans. No offense to our neighbors to the north, but I saw it happen too many times to consider it coincidence. I saw good people fall apart after being fired because of the shame and humiliating wake Praxair left behind for them. Never saw them treat those people with much respect, and for that matter--mercy. This kind of cut-throat behavior is good sport at Praxair. If the idea of building a career on a pile of sand sounds good to you then this is your company; otherwise, move on. Anyplace will be better for you in the long-term. These people are clowns.

Join the circus.

Large Company uses and abuses!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Praxair Distribution

Pros

Regular paycheck if you like living from mo. to mo. Pretty much set work hours,some exceptions w/o compensation though. Had a nice upper, but they ousted him. 401k and some benefits are good-don't get comfortable! Large enough co. to relocate, as they take in BILLIONS and have more than one company, even in Germany!

Cons

A co. of this size should be able to give out Christmas bonus to its downlines, NOT JUST TO UPPERS who ALREADY get a NICE fat salary. PAY a DECENT living wage NO matter the town! COMPENSATE,reward the employees that are loyal and GO THE EXTRA mile! Your profits and days are limited as long as you conduct your biz the way you do-every dog has its day! Upper mgmt. does not really have a clue about the daily grind of what they are handsomely paid to oversee and they really need to get down and promote from the ground bottom up and then will be CLUED in, but most companies are just like that. Watch your back, keep your Resume up to date,dusted and keep abreast of other jobs, as your day will surely come also! Realize with the job goes the benefits, ins.-so get something going for YOURSELF!

Realize, like your customers, YOUR employees are your GREATEST asset-remember that!

There are newer employer reviews for Praxair Distribution