Waste of time

I have been working at Praxair

Pros

Mediocre benefits package, vacation days are decent but even better if you're grandfathered in from a previous buyout. The only way one can see this company in a positive light is if you've started elsewhere and simply had no choice with a transfer.

Cons

Incompetence and politics clearly trump true work ethic and social responsibility within the workplace. Programs are in place promoting certain things, but it's merely a facade as it's hard to get excited about anything. This is corporate at its' worst, without regard for employees or the effect the company has on them.

Where are the days when families still owned corporations? Are they really that far gone? Corporate means one thing these days, what the shareholder wants and expects and that is profit at any cost, regardless of the livelihoods at stake. Company officers work towards that goal alone, it's no lie.

Other Reviews for Praxair

Ok if you want to have the next 30 years of your life wasted!

I have been working at Praxair

Pros

Stable employment, decent benefits though they no longer give profit sharing unless you are salary. vacation days are better than most companies.

Cons

Too much management and too little of them know what they are doing. They are all about numbers, they do not care about your family life, work comes first. There is a lot of favortism and politics. The communication is very poor, they tend to change the rules as it best fits the company and the rules are unclear and not communicated properly.

Quit!

Diverse experiences, challenging and never a dull moment.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Praxair

Pros

I've been offerred challenges on a regular basis and the opportunity to push myself as well as be rewarded for the work I do. I can tie my work to the bottom line.

Cons

The challenges are rewarding, but also challenging to balance.

Continue to focus on the business and the employees that make it great.

There are newer employer reviews for Praxair.

Worked for Praxair? Contribute to the Community!