Praxair

www.praxair.com
  www.praxair.com
There are newer employer reviews for Praxair

Best environment to work

Current Employee - Project Control Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Current Employee - Project Control Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Praxair full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Open culture. Scope for improvement

Cons

Benefits not attractive and do not meet industry standards

168 Other Employee Reviews for Praxair (View Most Recent)

Some key sr leaders have major integrity issues; others fear retribution; CEO looks other way as long as profits come in

Former Employee - General Management
    Former Employee - General Management

I worked at Praxair full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

History shows strong financials but if you look deeper (which only can be obtained from being inside the company for a while) you see the cultural problems. But the real sad part is there are some really good sr leaderhship people but they (have been conditioned?) to have no #@%* to voice their true opinion on things which are very wrong internally. Business relies on long term contracts with guaranteed income. Industrial gases business has hard entry point which staves off new competition (at least in US). Safety wise they pay attention.

Cons

Short term thinking all the time, I mean all the time. No process efficiency; I was frustrated by the historic lack of technology infrastructure.

Biggest frustration is related to people: Brought in some really impressive people in my last year or so but I will bet they will leave before long they all do. Its a shame. Watching the sr leadership team cower when something very obviously wrong is going down. No one has the courage to step up and stop it. Fear of retribution perhaps? Lady in charge of HR for past decade has bad internal reputation almost everywhere so you can't even go to HR to try and work out a solution. She's been in the company forever, mystery to everyone why they keep her. Then they wonder why its so hard to get people to join the company. Word gets around. New people are trying to make a difference but it is almost like some executives don't want to make the company better; why...someone can do it better than you maybe and that threatens your legacy?

You see the trends in these blogs...company is notorious for not being oriented to their people. The great ones leave quickly after finding this out. If you are female or diverse you have put a nail in your coffin. I would not want my kids to work here, especially my daughters, and that says alot.

I was here a pretty good long time and when personally I was able to leave, I did. I've never said anything negative about an employer I've had but had to speak up on this one. I suggest waiting till some key executives retire in upcoming years before I could recommend Praxair.

Show the courage, retire your ineffective executives and bring in capable people who are actually trained in their expertise

Local support is not very good

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dalian, Liaoning (China)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

I have been working at Praxair full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Report to US. Not very busy.

Cons

Local support is bad, IT, HR... very slow response or even no response!

There are newer employer reviews for Praxair