Praxair
www.praxair.com Danbury, CT 5000+ Employees

When the economy tanked, so did their concern for their employees

I&E Technician (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsNot a lot of micro management, lots of overtime, and a commitment for safety

ConsLots of overtime, corporate management is constantly changing things, and the farther away you are from Tonawanda, NY, the less they care about you and your plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany Praxair plants are on the grounds of other industrial plants. Compare what their employees in similar roles say about their company to what Praxair's employees say about Praxair. In so many words, no one will envy your position at Praxair.

A fine company, great business model, but very conservative and do not care a lot about employees

Houston, TX

I have been working at Praxair full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Terrific knowledge base, great commitment to safety, most managers walk the talk, good commitment to integrity, you're able to move into a different career path… Cons: Too risk averse, not willing to fire anyone, some very old school managers that feel there's only one way to get certain jobs (i.e. very… Advice to Senior Management: PLEASE do a better job managing your managers. They are the single worst thing about Praxair. I would say 80% of the salaried workforce are… More

R&D Engineer

R&D Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Praxair full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good people, good group, one can make really impact from… Cons: The small city is a little bored. Less chances to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Praxair.

Worked for Praxair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Praxair reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Praxair CEO Steve Angel. All reviews posted anonymously by Praxair employees.