Praxis Engineering

www.praxiseng.com
  www.praxiseng.com
There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced

Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time

Pros

+Small company. I don't feel like a number here. Senior management is extremely approachable, and they make an effort to get to know everyone. At my last job, I talked to the director of my business unit for a total of 10 minutes a year. I've talked to the executives here at happy hours, quarterly business updates, Christmas parties, and when they visit the VA office.
+Growing. There are new contracts with work in cutting edge technologies.
+Smart people. Top notch talent. Great business leaders and talented engineers.
+Flexible. As long as you keep clients happy, there aren't obstacles to seek out challenging assignments. Program managers are eager to help make connections.
+Nats tickets raffle. I know it is small, and I could buy them on my own. However, the Nats/Os/Ravens/Skins tickets are really nice. I was able to take my brother to Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS and sit one row back in left center.

Cons

This company does a lot of things right. Leadership is genuinely focused on keeping both their customers and employees happy. It is hard to write a con when I think of some of the problems I've had being an experienced engineer in the contracting industry.

Continue the focus on clients and employees. Continue tution reimbursement practices.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Praxis Engineering (View Most Recent)

Great culture - friendly colleagues, positive energy, excellent management

I have been working at Praxis Engineering as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Management has been very understanding and flexible with my unique work/commute situation. I get the sense they are fair and open-minded with all of their employees. There's little to no micro-management, thus fostering a pleasantly autonomous environment. It's a pleasure to be surrounded by individuals who are hard-working and driven, yet also know how to relax and have fun. There is a general sense of positivity and well-being in the office.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback.

I have no advice for management. I am satisfied.

Progressive company that understands what is important to its' employees.

Current Employee - Member of Professional Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Member of Professional Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Praxis is a fun place to work. Great people, and great environment. Strong management/leadership that is committed to their staff. Despite small size, there is a tremendous amount of interesting opportunities for the engineers to choose from.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but the concentration of work is in the DC/MD/VA area.

Keep up the good work!