Praxis Engineering

www.praxiseng.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced

Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time

Pros

+Small company. I don't feel like a number here. Senior management is extremely approachable, and they make an effort to get to know everyone. At my last job, I talked to the director of my business unit for a total of 10 minutes a year. I've talked to the executives here at happy hours, quarterly business updates, Christmas parties, and when they visit the VA office.
+Growing. There are new contracts with work in cutting edge technologies.
+Smart people. Top notch talent. Great business leaders and talented engineers.
+Flexible. As long as you keep clients happy, there aren't obstacles to seek out challenging assignments. Program managers are eager to help make connections.
+Nats tickets raffle. I know it is small, and I could buy them on my own. However, the Nats/Os/Ravens/Skins tickets are really nice. I was able to take my brother to Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS and sit one row back in left center.

Cons

This company does a lot of things right. Leadership is genuinely focused on keeping both their customers and employees happy. It is hard to write a con when I think of some of the problems I've had being an experienced engineer in the contracting industry.

Continue the focus on clients and employees. Continue tution reimbursement practices.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Praxis Engineering (View Most Recent)

Best Company I've Ever Worked For - VA Employee

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is very interested helping you get where you want to go, careerwise. I joined as a very entry-level employee, but they've been helping me develop the skills I need to advance my career. They've also given me additional responsibilities and coaching to actually position me to advance. As a result, I am moving forward. Everything they've promised me, they've followed through on. Additionally, the management is encouraging and any criticism is extremely constructive and positive. Everywhere else I've worked has had a very CYA culture, not the case with Praxis.

Cons

Frankly, I've not had negative experiences. I really can't think of anything. I wish they were closer to my house! :)

Excellent internship program with opportunities for continued employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was surprised to find that during my time in their internship program I wasn't treated as an underling whose only job was to get coffee or take notes; I felt as if I were considered a valued member of the team, albeit one without much professional experience. After concluding the internship, I was surprised again to be offered part time employment, which is something I would consider unheard of in most companies these days. The managers possess a general interest in my future and are very helpful in finding out which direction I would like to go in my position to help align me towards my goals.

Cons

none that I can think of, the people who are employed here are very welcoming and the management staff always treats you as a valued person and not a number.

There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering