There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced

Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time

Pros

+Small company. I don't feel like a number here. Senior management is extremely approachable, and they make an effort to get to know everyone. At my last job, I talked to the director of my business unit for a total of 10 minutes a year. I've talked to the executives here at happy hours, quarterly business updates, Christmas parties, and when they visit the VA office.
+Growing. There are new contracts with work in cutting edge technologies.
+Smart people. Top notch talent. Great business leaders and talented engineers.
+Flexible. As long as you keep clients happy, there aren't obstacles to seek out challenging assignments. Program managers are eager to help make connections.
+Nats tickets raffle. I know it is small, and I could buy them on my own. However, the Nats/Os/Ravens/Skins tickets are really nice. I was able to take my brother to Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS and sit one row back in left center.

Cons

This company does a lot of things right. Leadership is genuinely focused on keeping both their customers and employees happy. It is hard to write a con when I think of some of the problems I've had being an experienced engineer in the contracting industry.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on clients and employees. Continue tution reimbursement practices.

reviews filtered by

GREAT place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Praxis follows some simple (but apparently difficult) rules:
    1. Get the best people.
    2. Keep the best people.
    3. Get the best work to keep the best people interested.

It's as simple as that. And yet, the fact that I have to write this points to how that is so rare. Training and investment in its people is the norm, not the exception. Things like sports tickets to local events are regularity, not a "blue moon" kind of event. Having the principals of the company know your wife's name and your kids' names ... it shows that its a big family.

Cons

I'm happy here so I cannot really think of a con offhand.

Great culture - friendly colleagues, positive energy, excellent management

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Praxis Engineering as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Management has been very understanding and flexible with my unique work/commute situation. I get the sense they are fair and open-minded with all of their employees. There's little to no micro-management, thus fostering a pleasantly autonomous environment. It's a pleasure to be surrounded by individuals who are hard-working and driven, yet also know how to relax and have fun. There is a general sense of positivity and well-being in the office.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. I am satisfied.