Praxis Engineering

www.praxiseng.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

Praxis has provided a great work environment. Everyone is extremely friendly and motivated.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and salary. A chance to take your career in the direction that you want to take it. The open door policy of upper management is great. They make you feel like an important part of the companies success!

Cons

I am having a hard time thinking of even one downside to working at Praxis. Maybe that it is hard to stay away from all of the free food. At least a lot of it is healthy!

Keep up the great communication. Even with the company growing the way that it is.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Praxis Engineering (View Most Recent)

Partying - because I DO work at Praxis!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management is very involved with and concerned for their employees. Their open door policy and frequent requests for feedback make you truly feel like a valued part of the company.

They love to bring their people together and keep them informed of everything going on with the company. Quarterly All Hands meetings, newsletters, Facebook, Business Unit/Program Team happy hours, review lunches - just to name a few. We are updated on projects, revenue, social awareness events, major accomplishments, new babies, new hires, marriages - the list goes on! Praxis loves to recognize and celebrate its people.

Generous benefits plan with many additional specialty items. The Professional Development piece is outstanding!

Cons

The "Freshman 15" - so much meeting food, bagel Fridays and free snacks! :)

Keep it up, we love you!

They value and invest in their people, have continual growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Praxis Engineering part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are not a spot, you are a valued part of the company. They put a high emphasis on personal improvement (at the company's expense), involvement, and job satisfaction. In the mission statement, right after customer success comes employee success and technical excellence.

Mid-size, they are small enough to invest in you personally, but big enough to weather the ebbs of the economy. Each quarter in the 5 years I've been there has been touted as the "best quarter yet". The leadership takes time to know the employees -- you will know who Bill, Mark, Quenton, Jeremy, Jerry, etc are....they won't just be names at the bottom of your company memos.

They even make the effort to find you alternate work schedules in promotion of work-life balance. Even though some are interns, 80%, taking LWOP, etc, every employee is treated as if they were full time.

Perks - Sincere performance reviews, performance awards (letters of appreciation, gift cards, bonuses), 401k matching, free snacks and drinks, food at every meeting, all-hands meetings over dinner and drinks, happy hours, full-scale holiday parties, spring social parties, summer family parties, health and wellness events, social fundraising events, competitive health plans (including an option for High Deductible Health Plan, HDHP, with 100% coverage over deductible), the list goes on and on.

Offices in MD and VA

Cons

If you want to work outside of MD and NOVA, Praxis probably doesn't have anything.

I keep expecting smallish size to work against having opportunities to move and grow, but it never has for me yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering