Precision Castparts

www.precast.com

Great company to get a foot in the door.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntington, WV

ProsI enjoyed 99% of the people I worked with on a daily basis. The work was interesting, but became repetitive after a while. Communication in my actual department was better than average.

ConsPay grade for a salary position in my field was lower than the national average. The pay increases over time are very minimal, and it's sad to see the people who have worked there for 20+ years settling for so little. Company wide communication was very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of upgrading the signs or parking lots, the equipment throughout the facility should be upgraded vastly to perform more efficiently. With all the standards we had to meet for customers, it was surprising to know how poorly the equipment was maintained. A lot of bandages were used for temporary fixes when things should have been fixed permanently... however in most cases this meant there would be a temporary shutdown to that department, which meant no production. But in the long run, the quality of the material and the average down time probably would have shown better after a temporary shutdown and major upgrade.

Great to be a stockholder, awful to be an employee

Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competent engineers and decent benefits Cons: Poor management and low morale. Management only values results, there is no room for error and… Advice to Senior Management: Eventually you cannot beat any more money out of an… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Last 5-7 years absolutely terrible relations

Rework Welder (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: relatively easy jobs, employees easy to get along with, very… Cons: Precision Castparts is a fortune 500 company and operates like one. Management is only after the bottom line. They treat employees… Advice to Senior Management: Do not treat the floor like a sweat shop. Have compassion for your resources on the floor.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Precision Castparts.

Worked for Precision Castparts? Contribute to the Community!