There are newer employer reviews for Precision Castparts

Great experience with the right attitude

Current Employee - FDP
Current Employee - FDP

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flat organization with constant upper management interactions / opportunities. Compensation is also strong.

Cons

Its lean manufacturing, so there aren't a lot of perks and it requires a tough mental attitude.

Work on some brand recognition to acquire folks with higher talent levels.

reviews filtered by

Financial Development Program

Current Employee - Financial Development Program
    Current Employee - Financial Development Program

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Accelerated program, growth opportunities, learning organization, competitive salary, technical development opportunities, Fortune 500, competitive benefits, ability to travel, growing company, supportive managers, opportunity to take initiative and fnd solutions for issues and improve processes

Cons

High expectations for work performance, highly competitive metrics, male dominated manufacturing company, work and projects tend to be ambiguous, training is a "figure it out as you go" type of approach, often thrown into work you're not ready for but this is also an opportunity to learn and grow

More adequate training

2. An amazing opportunity to gain high level corporate experience with little reinforcement.

Current Employee - Management Development Program
    Current Employee - Management Development Program

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As an ambitious self motivated person you can move up in PCC very quickely. There is never a lack of interesting work and if you are will, PCC will challenge and push you to grow within your professional career.

Cons

PCC is a high stress, high demands company. A lot is expected from each employee and very little gratitude is ever expressed. In PCC you will never get a chance to catch your breath.

PCC is seriously lacking in the human resources department. I love what I do and understand that I will always be asked for more regardless of what I did yesterday, but most employees I have talked to feel the constant pushing burns people out quickly. This is why PCC has such a high turnover rate. Employees either under perform or burn out. If the work environment does not improve (both in the office as well as the production floor) PCC will never be able to retain top talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Precision Castparts