Precision Drilling

A good place to work?

Current Employee - Floor Hand
Current Employee - Floor Hand

I have been working at Precision Drilling

Pros

I haven't experienced any yet.

Cons

On-site management are very disrespectful to lower level employees. Many degrading comments are made about "lazy Americans", by Canadian employees.

Train your leadership to show respect for all employees and you may not have as much employee turnover.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Precision Drilling (View Most Recent)

Precision Drilling.. to work or not work.

Current Employee - Driller
    Current Employee - Driller

I have been working at Precision Drilling

Pros

The only advantages to working for ANY drilling company is the wage. Precision does offer health and dental on a share basis (you pay some they pay some). Also they implemented some kind of family support system but I'm not sure how or if it works.

Cons

They say that family is important but if you try to take days off to be with your family you could potentially loose your job (not with the company but the rig you work on). Your on site manager (tool push) is either older and set in the ways that things used to be done or he's new and has no clue how to run a rig. Communicating while at work with your bosses is hard at times and the rest of the time is almost impossible. The older the tool push the worse it is. They have no respect for the people below them and now that they have the job they want they treat you with no respect. The newer pushes usually have a great understanding of the rig but to be a push you don't have to take any communications training and so they don't know how to deal with the people side of their job.
    Also you are away from your family most of the year, but that's a sacrafice you need to be willing to make.

I would advise that management take seriously the fact that their rig managemnet fleet is aging and that they should find people to fill these positions sooner than later. Also that all people in management positions take some kind of trainging to communicate properly and without treating others like they are dispensible. We are not dispensible employees and we expect to be treated with the same dignity and respect that comes with every other job. WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!

It was great everyone treated you fair

Former Employee - Floorhand in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Floorhand in Midland, TX

I worked at Precision Drilling full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is good and the experience and training is great.

Cons

The heavy equipment was sometimes heavy and had to be fixed.

There are newer employer reviews for Precision Drilling