There are newer employer reviews for Precision Drilling

Precision Drilling.. to work or not work.

Current Employee - Driller
Current Employee - Driller

I have been working at Precision Drilling

Pros

The only advantages to working for ANY drilling company is the wage. Precision does offer health and dental on a share basis (you pay some they pay some). Also they implemented some kind of family support system but I'm not sure how or if it works.

Cons

They say that family is important but if you try to take days off to be with your family you could potentially loose your job (not with the company but the rig you work on). Your on site manager (tool push) is either older and set in the ways that things used to be done or he's new and has no clue how to run a rig. Communicating while at work with your bosses is hard at times and the rest of the time is almost impossible. The older the tool push the worse it is. They have no respect for the people below them and now that they have the job they want they treat you with no respect. The newer pushes usually have a great understanding of the rig but to be a push you don't have to take any communications training and so they don't know how to deal with the people side of their job. Also you are away from your family most of the year, but that's a sacrafice you need to be willing to make.

Advice to Management

I would advise that management take seriously the fact that their rig managemnet fleet is aging and that they should find people to fill these positions sooner than later. Also that all people in management positions take some kind of trainging to communicate properly and without treating others like they are dispensible. We are not dispensible employees and we expect to be treated with the same dignity and respect that comes with every other job. WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ok Company

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Precision Drilling as a contractor

Pros

The working environment was okay. The team I was apart of really worked together well.

Cons

Management treated us like we weren't humans. There was a lot of closed door dealing and they kept us out of the know.

2. Rig Tech

Former Employee - Rig Technician in Alice, TX
    Former Employee - Rig Technician in Alice, TX

I worked at Precision Drilling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people. Good training facility in Houston. Great pay and benefits and good equipment to work and train on. Good opportunity to move up.

Cons

Not an aggressive company in that they do not keep on people who try to work hard and show initiative. They tend to keep people with more seniority.

Advice to Management

Listen to the area management in finding which employees to keep working and which to let go. Also stop trying to cut cost in the maintenance and cut it in overhead in the tech center.