Precision Time

precisiontimeco.com

Not the best company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Flexible hours, good for students
Employees are good
Product is interesting

Cons

Goals were almost impossible to achieve at times.
Too little pay for so much work.
Upper Management was disorganized and rude at times.
Very shady when it came to compensations.

Don't promise a raise when hiring someone when you know you will not give it, have the dignity to let them go with better options instead of lying to them about something you will not do.
Pay your employees a bit more, they work hard and they aren't paid enough for all the work you give them.
Don't give impossible sales goals to stores you know that won't be able to achieve them. A lot of your stores are located in areas where no one is even looking to buy your products, your goals are unreasonable and you put too much pressure on employees, even though they try their hardest.
Give the employees all of the money they've earned, stop making excuses when it comes compensation.

Other reviews for Precision Time

Foot in the door....eh I guess it was worth the time atleast.

Current Employee - Watch Sales/Repairs  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Watch Sales/Repairs in Lynnwood, WA

Pros

It's a good place to get your foot in the door if you want to begin how to learn to do minor repairs on watches (i.e. battery change, sizings, crystal replacements, etc) and gain general knowledge on watches. Unless you're the store manager, you only work 16 to 18 hrs a week which works nicely if you're a student. ACTUAL salesmenship goes into the job which is nice rather then just waiting on people like a bum. Commission is an added bonus although it only stands at 4%. I've worked here for a year and satisfied with what knowledge and skills I have accrued but now ready to move on to something more permanent w better benefits. Managers work a mandatory 45 hrs per week. 15% employee discount off of lower bounds marked prices which is nice even if it affects some brands more then others.

Cons

The hours are terrible if you're not a student. Don't bother applying here (unless for manager) if you don't want to live paycheck to paycheck. You start out at minimum wage. While management is open and nice...it is subpar. When I got brought on I was told by the District manager that "We hire from within". A year later my manager got let go and they decide to bring in a 19 yr old with no watch experience WHATSOEVER, let alone no supervisory experience period. When you are working, often times it is by yourself. It is just a kiosk so space and time is a bit limited I guess. Typically an associate is there for a half hour (if that) when the next person comes in. There isn't many more experiences more horrific that I've had then working on a saturday by yourself when the place is a zoo.

Don't say you're going to do one thing and then do another. Don't blame your miscues on team members. YOU'RE the manager. A new incoming store manager needs to be WAY better trained with computer and Point of sale systems, and most of all, watch knowledge. It makes you look like a joke when the manager is asking an associate about general knowledge aspects.

The job is alright considering the amount of work we have to do

Pros

Flexible with hours and you get nice discounts

Cons

A lot of work for minimum wage job

There are newer employer reviews for Precision Time.

Worked for Precision Time? Contribute to the Community!