There are newer employer reviews for Precision Time

Foot in the door....eh I guess it was worth the time atleast.

Current Employee - Watch Sales/Repairs  in  Lynnwood, WA
Current Employee - Watch Sales/Repairs in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Precision Time

Pros

It's a good place to get your foot in the door if you want to begin how to learn to do minor repairs on watches (i.e. battery change, sizings, crystal replacements, etc) and gain general knowledge on watches. Unless you're the store manager, you only work 16 to 18 hrs a week which works nicely if you're a student. ACTUAL salesmenship goes into the job which is nice rather then just waiting on people like a bum. Commission is an added bonus although it only stands at 4%. I've worked here for a year and satisfied with what knowledge and skills I have accrued but now ready to move on to something more permanent w better benefits. Managers work a mandatory 45 hrs per week. 15% employee discount off of lower bounds marked prices which is nice even if it affects some brands more then others.

Cons

The hours are terrible if you're not a student. Don't bother applying here (unless for manager) if you don't want to live paycheck to paycheck. You start out at minimum wage. While management is open and nice...it is subpar. When I got brought on I was told by the District manager that "We hire from within". A year later my manager got let go and they decide to bring in a 19 yr old with no watch experience WHATSOEVER, let alone no supervisory experience period. When you are working, often times it is by yourself. It is just a kiosk so space and time is a bit limited I guess. Typically an associate is there for a half hour (if that) when the next person comes in. There isn't many more experiences more horrific that I've had then working on a saturday by yourself when the place is a zoo.

Don't say you're going to do one thing and then do another. Don't blame your miscues on team members. YOU'RE the manager. A new incoming store manager needs to be WAY better trained with computer and Point of sale systems, and most of all, watch knowledge. It makes you look like a joke when the manager is asking an associate about general knowledge aspects.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Precision Time (View Most Recent)

The job is alright considering the amount of work we have to do

I have been working at Precision Time

Pros

Flexible with hours and you get nice discounts

Cons

A lot of work for minimum wage job

It's been better there in earlier years

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Precision Time part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to learn skills that will help you be successful in other retail applications.

Cons

You are constantly being micro-managed over the phone by your district manager to try and drive sales as opposed to having the manager in the store be in charge of the motivations.

Stop stripping away commissions and benefits from hourly workers. Give them incentives to sell watches again.

There are newer employer reviews for Precision Time

Worked for Precision Time? Contribute to the Community!