Preferred Healthcare Registry

Add Review

Great personal service

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Physical Therapist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Preferred Healthcare Registry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small travel PT, OT and SLP company means you have one agent who knows what you want and need. You can always get ahold of staff and they are respectful.

Cons

A small company means they don't get as many contracts, so you are limited in options for where and when to travel. They definitely get outbid by other larger companies who deal with many therapists throughout the country.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Run as fast a you can

Former Contractor - Traveler
    Former Contractor - Traveler

I worked at Preferred Healthcare Registry as a contractor

Pros

There are none that I can think of...

Cons

Most horrible company I have ever worked for. They will not honor your contract and will try to get you to void original contract and sign a new one in order to keep their clients. If you don't, they will make idle threats like destroying your career, and not pay you on time or not at all. I had to sue them in civil court and turn them in to the labor board in order to get paid. They have a high turn-over rate with their staff because they don't stand by them, and will always take their clients side if problems arise. Have contracts with some of the worst companies out there. Their idea of housing is a cheap hotel.

Advice to Management

Try too support your staff and not take your clients side when problems arise. Stop expecting your staff to do illegal deeds that are against the law.

review from a travel clinician

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Preferred Healthcare Registry as a contractor

Pros

the recruiting manager negotiated good rates and was clear and quick to communicate with me, initially.

Cons

contract was not managed well, no resources when census became low and my hours were cut.

Advice to Management

a guaranteed number of hours is a MUST; otherwise please be quick to provide other options when work hours are cut!! nearby facilities are same contract client so i have no way of finding extra hours on my own. i am far from home with huge cuts in pay. it's too much.