A Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Insurance Customer Service Representative for State of Alaska Account in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Pros

Helpful supervisors, great benefits (a wide range of options to choose from for medical/dental/vision insurance), great company morale, lots of freebies. They have an awesome lunch area with all types of food serviced by Sodexho.

Cons

I don't have anything really bad to say about them. Sometimes the call center could get hectic, but that is normal. I would work their again in a heartbeat if they were hiring!

Advice to Management

My advice to management at Premera Blue Cross is to keep up the good work! Continue to treat each employee as an important member of the team and this company will go even farther than it already has!

Other Employee Reviews for Premera Blue Cross

Premera does a lot of things right

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Pros

Colleagues Benefits Location Committed to community and environment Strive to do the right thing and make a difference Adapting well to healthcare reform Subsidized food program/great food vendor Health & wellness programs Flexibility Concern for employees

Cons

Heirarchy Limited career advancement opp. for some Patriarchy Conservative Traditional mindset (fairly formal) Favoritism Limited recognition and rewards In many cases, silos still exist Need more company-wide activities to promote interaction

Advice to Management

Encourage more interaction between groups and set up opportunities. Leadership could be more visible, more forthcoming, less formal, and less controlling.

My career is stagnant

Current Employee - Claims Associate IV in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Current Employee - Claims Associate IV in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Pros

Flexible hours, asking for time off is not a struggle, telecommuting, no micro managing, easy and fast commute, ability to listen to music as you work

Cons

Good luck advancing at a normal rate if you're not related to someone in upper management. Sure, there are great opportunities throughout the company, but doesn't mean you actually have a good chance of getting them.

Advice to Management

Reward your employee with something more than jamba juice. Recognize people who actually do good work consistently without having to kiss everyone's behind/be related to someone in a higher position. I'm tired of hearing what a great job we do and getting terrible raises. Then to hear the CEO made $$$$$$$$ in bonuses while we all get 2% raises for our outstanding work is bull.