Premera Blue Cross
www.premera.com Mountlake Terrace, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

No growth opportunities unless you're in the IN club

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Premera Blue Cross full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPremera has a nice physical workspace, cafeteria. There are some very good people there. Good integrity with regard to their products (despite what people think of insurance companies).

ConsThere is a culture of not sharing knowledge so that one can feel like they are "needed". Salaries are low, and as is typical with health insurance companies, they are slow to embrace technology. Remote working is discouraged, and a general sense of distrust with employees is felt. (I am not talking about employees at an entry level position.) The CEO and executive level salary discrepancy is outrageous and disheartening when bonus time rolls around and you see how wide the gap is between the haves and have nots.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the work of the people who are making your company tick. Stop promoting uneducated, smokers above their level of competency; this is not the type of person you want to lead your company. Remember, just because someone was good at one job does not make them a good leader.

If you are in it for the cash and the commute, go for it... just dont expect much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Premera Blue Cross full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Campus is within walking distance of 65% of its employees. Generous benefits… Cons: Pension plan creates an atmosphere of in-place retirement and long timers generally dont treat newcomers favorably. An incredibly risk-averse environment and the right decision… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate your vision and strategy to your employees and relate for them the work they are doing with the company goals. Tear… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Premera Blue Cross full-time for more than a year

Pros: Peers, Team Leads, Holidays Paid Off Cons: Corporate Standards on Average Handle Time, Adherence, and Quality Advice to Senior Management: Less pressure on performance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Premera Blue Cross.

Worked for Premera Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Premera Blue Cross reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Premera Blue Cross CEO Gubby Barlow. All reviews posted anonymously by Premera Blue Cross employees.