Premera Blue Cross

Poor Leadership

Trainer (Former Employee)
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I worked at Premera Blue Cross full-time for less than a year

ProsGood company and professional envirornment. Decent benefits, and culture is good but very stiff, not a lot of flexibility but that can be good. People in other departments really enjoy their jobs at Premera, however, there are issues within the department that I work in.

ConsLeadership on my team (not all teams) is very poor. The coordinator is running the department, not the manager. No direction and no support to do my job properly. A lack of understanding and experience in management to control the team.

It's insurence, not IT remember that...

Manager (Current Employee)
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I have been working at Premera Blue Cross full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work life balance seriously valued, agile transformation in progress across IT, great… Cons: Committee think heavy, process heavy, bureaucracy heavy, not cutting edge in IT, sales and… Advice to Senior Management: Get some non-doctors on the board, they aren't who are buying your services. Understand that on-line is your future not some afterthought. Think about the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I have been working at Premera Blue Cross full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great at execution, market focused, good benefits Cons: Consensus driven, slow moving, siloed More

There are newer reviews on Premera Blue Cross.

Worked for Premera Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Premera Blue Cross reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Premera Blue Cross CEO Gubby Barlow. All reviews posted anonymously by Premera Blue Cross employees.