There are newer employer reviews for Premier Research

Not a company that wants to invest in its employees.

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

PTO plan and insurance were good.

Cons

Hard to learn new areas and move around laterally. Most tasks were very cumbersome and not as efficient as how other companies perform them. Experience and expertise not valued over the bottom line. The company will spend months trying to find the perfect candidate when someone in-house could have been trained in half the time to transfer into a new position.

Advice to Management

Reward talent and invest in your employees to help them gain new skills.

reviews filtered by

Hard to Advance; Great Team Work Thought

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant
    Former Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Excellent training, great team work. Take in consideration that your experience was negated by the manager(s) you had. I had a good direct supervisor that was extremely supportive. I had a flexible work schedule. I liked the people I worked with a great deal. We had a casual work place and a pleasant building to work out of.

Cons

There was no where to move forward from the Entry Level position. Too many chiefs. You have a direct supervisor and the CTM's. You would find yourself being pulled in too many different directions and your managers where off site so they had no clue what your work load. My direct supervisor supported my use of PTO, etc. Other CTA;s did not have that pleasure ... but it was a time management issue on their part. Wait until the last minute to request something that the client wants ... than it's an issue. Office closed without any warning; laid off no warning.

Advice to Management

Have another position for CTA's to move into like Clinical Trial Specialist. Next time you do layoffs do not wait until the last minute. Give 4 - 6 weeks notice. If you give people time they may find something and you do not have to pay severance package. Better communication regarding workload, upcoming requests from client passed on earlier, Encourage CTAs to get certification.

2. OK if you are looking for your first job after college

I have been working at Premier Research

Pros

Flexible with hours, reasonable amount of PTO, and great people to work with. A good place to start if you are Interested in pharmaceutical Industry.

Cons

Below average salaries. Uncertain future. No communication between management and employees. Management does not really make an effort to keep good employees when they decide to leave.