Premier Research

www.premier-research.com
There are newer employer reviews for Premier Research

Just an OK place

I have been working at Premier Research

Pros

The ability to take time off and the work/home balance is pretty good. Co-workers make things better. Good teamwork at the local level.

Cons

Upward mobility and encouragement from upper management is not good. They have been shaped into a "lean" company which make those that care about their jobs feel taken advantage of. Many times feel like "just a number". Company does not re-invest in it's employees.

Work harder to reward good employees. Many have been there for a long time and truly care. Show that you recognize that. Let people grow within the company. It isn't all about financial reward but matching employee's 401k's and merit increases are noticed if not there. Communicate about the state of the company- we don't know who you are and you don't know us.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Premier Research (View Most Recent)

Not a company that wants to invest in its employees.

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

PTO plan and insurance were good.

Cons

Hard to learn new areas and move around laterally. Most tasks were very cumbersome and not as efficient as how other companies perform them. Experience and expertise not valued over the bottom line. The company will spend months trying to find the perfect candidate when someone in-house could have been trained in half the time to transfer into a new position.

Reward talent and invest in your employees to help them gain new skills.

Hard to Advance; Great Team Work Thought

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant
    Former Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Excellent training, great team work. Take in consideration that your experience was negated by the manager(s) you had. I had a good direct supervisor that was extremely supportive. I had a flexible work schedule. I liked the people I worked with a great deal. We had a casual work place and a pleasant building to work out of.

Cons

There was no where to move forward from the Entry Level position. Too many chiefs. You have a direct supervisor and the CTM's. You would find yourself being pulled in too many different directions and your managers where off site so they had no clue what your work load. My direct supervisor supported my use of PTO, etc. Other CTA;s did not have that pleasure ... but it was a time management issue on their part. Wait until the last minute to request something that the client wants ... than it's an issue. Office closed without any warning; laid off no warning.

Have another position for CTA's to move into like Clinical Trial Specialist. Next time you do layoffs do not wait until the last minute. Give 4 - 6 weeks notice. If you give people time they may find something and you do not have to pay severance package. Better communication regarding workload, upcoming requests from client passed on earlier, Encourage CTAs to get certification.

There are newer employer reviews for Premier Research