Premium Retail Services

There are newer employer reviews for Premium Retail Services

Samsung Sales Specialist

Current Employee - Samsung Product Specialist in Colma, CA
Current Employee - Samsung Product Specialist in Colma, CA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, days. Great pay, Great Benefits.

Cons

employee's have a mandatory weekend schedule.

I am a hard worker, and a self starter, I listen well and take well to instructions. I am reliable, I can work independently or as a team player. I love to get my job done professionally and on time.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Premium Retail Services (View Most Recent)

Horrific experience -

Current Employee - Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Management in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time

Pros

Senior Management is great getting new business. It's amazing how many clients PRS has.

Cons

Dealing with senior management has been the worst experience of my career. A specific individual, with behavior bordering on megalomania, communicates by yelling and feels no compunction humiliating her subordinates in front of coworkers. Unfortunately, the bad management (lack of communication, micromanagement, unclear expectations, and intimidation) trickles down throughout the rest of the middle managers, affecting morale and performance. There is a lot of stress among the middle managers as they are held accountable for what senior management has promised the client, without having the infrastructure to fulfill the promises.

You are a privately held company, so you are raking in the $$. Start spending some of that money on hiring more analysts to provide data to the clients, instead of leaving it up to one or two individuals to shoulder all the responsibility. Pay your field people more, so that you get a professional group of representatives that will actually fulfill the job requirements and go the extra mile when the client has a fire-drill. (I'm aware there PRS does have one program that has more analysts and a higher paid field team--unfortunately, this is the exception rather than the rule.) And finally, take a look at your senior management staff and MAKE SOME PERSONNEL CHANGES!

Think twice or you'll find yourself in a very frustrating position

Former Employee - Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Management in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of work. Tons of available OT even though they say there isn't. PRS is typically operating a day behind.

Cons

The upper mgmt lacks the ability to make a decision. Mid-level mgmt lacks the permission to make a decision. I was quite embarrassed to be working for PRS at times. If any of it's clients ever actually found out what they were paying for PRS would be out of business. They have no business ethics and oversell the companies ability and expect it overworked and underpaid employees to make them shine when their feet are to the fire with a client who threatening to walk.

Go back to business school. Your lack of business knowledge is outshined by your incredible sales ability. If you focused on business as much as you did selling and you 7 series BMW's, there would be a lot let fires to put out. When PRS finally closes it's doors, it should consider opening either a nickel(.05) factory or a fire dept.

There are newer employer reviews for Premium Retail Services