There are newer employer reviews for Premium Retail Services

Premium experience so far!

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO
Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everything is done on- line; paperwork, scheduling, tracking my time, job assignments - really like that. Paid correctly and on time every two weeks. Variety of work and clients to represent is nice. Have seen people get promoted - they seem to look at capabilities of their employees.

Cons

Wish we could get benefits through the company. Pay rate hasn't increased in almost two years - would be nice to get some increase if we have been here a year and every year. Not much of a social media presence that I see.

Keep looking for perks or benefits for employees - they don't all have to be monetary. Keep improving QTrax - mobile app is awesome!

reviews filtered by

Unexpectedly disappointing

Former Employee - Pet Ambassador and Merch Representative
    Former Employee - Pet Ambassador and Merch Representative

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Online reporting, local work, creating your own schedule (kinda sort of) and working at your own pace are the only pros I can think of.

Cons

Certain job pay, payment method, costs incurred to perform work. These add up quick and when weighed and measured is a big negative.

You get paid on a debit card which costs money when you try to withdraw cash, even at a supposed select atms which were from the card company website that were supposed to be fee free. Debit purchases are free but I prefer cash or the money in my bank account. You can do a bank transfer but that takes even longer, 3-4 days longer because payday is on a Friday. Once an atm shorted me by $150 and it took both banks (bank whose atm it was and the pay card) it took two weeks to recoup the $150.

I worked as pet ambassador and then the merchandising side. The pet ambassador work paid much better than the merchandising but the hours eventually tapered off. The cost of gas, wear and tear on my vehicle made the pet ambassador work unfeasible.

The merchandising side pays less and has about the same amount hours but was local. However I found that costs which included the pay card, gas and the time to prep for the actual work which is not really included in the pay (this last someone might disagree saying they compensate for paper used and photos ect but $1.50 doesn't cover it) were the main reasons why I left the company. Once you take account of the time put into the work, the prep time before hand, cost of gas, fees from your pay card and then the actual pay, any sensible person would determine you are breaking even or profited maybe $40 for 16 to 20 hours of work and online reporting.

Read the review above. Also I know you are just passing on what was told to you but the whole late job reporting and the popular three strikes or your fired emails and sayings from conference calls is troublesome from those who do good work and is pretty depressing.

Premium Retail Services Response

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Obviously, we wish your experience with Premium had not been one you consider disappointing. We do appreciate your candor and want you to understand ... More

communication could be better

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

choose your own schedule, decent pay for most jobs

Cons

many small jobs actually cost you money to perform. Can spend a lot in reimbursed gas.

the Discover jobs are money losers, forcing us to travel some distance only to earn a few dollars. Likewise for some of the other jobs that pay less than an hour and require driving long distances. I frequently spend $30 in gas in order to earn maybe $50...not to mention the time spent behind the wheel. Conciser throwing in some gas money and some compensation for drive time

There are newer employer reviews for Premium Retail Services