Enjoyable but work can be repetitive

Former Employee - Research Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Preqin full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good working hours (for City)
- Friendly teams
- Reasonable targets and schedules
- Deadlines are easy to meet
- Young professionals often recent graduates

Cons

- Research work can be very repetitive
- Not a great deal of promotions or pay rises
- Not very innovative or focused on creativity
- High turnover rate compared to average in the industry
- Pay level is low for industry and compared to the average in the City of London

- Let employees share more new ideas and suggestions
- Make more and better company team building days and socials
- Engage in deeper numerical analysis such as modelling and time series data

Other Reviews for Preqin

Awesome Job and Experience

Current Employee - Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Preqin full-time for more than a year

Pros

I'm in the NYC office (in a sales capacity) so can't speak for London or Singapore, but seems like things might not be too great on the London Research side considering all of the Glassdoor reviews that are negative seem to come from them...(how can you say it is good working hours and thengive 1 star for work-life balance?!?!) Anyway, on our side of the pond everyone is young, hungry and moves fast. Our company is always looking to hire, and people come from a diverse variety of both academic, geographic, and professional backgrounds. Office has no turnover besides 1 or 2 rare cases, and is growing rapidly. Hiring more senior positions and outside people allowing our culture to strengthen and move past our growth stage. Lots of support from senior management, team leaders, great compensation, no strenuous work hours, flexible time, easy to meet projects/goals and deadlines.

Cons

A lot of the key functions on research, finance and HR are in London, so sometimes getting pertinent research and data to clients can be lagged based on the time differences. Could imagine research's job could be tedious/monotonous, but you have the opportunity to be published and cited in a wide variety of financial press, which always good to mention on a resume.

Keep hiring across all facets of the company, we are truly the best so let's do everything to not lose customers because someone has a better interface or functionality!

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Preqin full-time

Pros

The best part about working here is that everyone is young, easy to get along with, and they don't micromanage. I would say you have to generally like learning about and discussing the alternatives industry to enjoy your work, but not to enjoy working here. I happen to like both and find it very rewarding. The culture is great; we have 2 official annual company socials, occasional socials on fridays, and a flexible work schedule including an optional half day on fridays during the summer.

Cons

There isn't much organized training. I started by sitting in on meeting, but a lot of preparation needs to be done on your own if you want to speed up the learning curve. Since the company is based in London, most of the important IT and Research people are located abroad which can be frustrating if you need to contact someone during US hours.

Implement a comprehensive training program, and move some support roles for IT and research to the US.

There are newer employer reviews for Preqin.

Worked for Preqin? Contribute to the Community!