Presbyterian Village North

www.presbyterianvillagenorth.org
  www.presbyterianvillagenorth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Presbyterian Village North

Employees that actually work hard are underpaid and unappreciated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North

Pros

Patients were the only reason I worked there as long as I did.

Cons

Lazy coworkers; greedy, uninvolved upper management; low pay; no appreciation for good service from employees.

Treat your workers with respect, especially the CNA's, they are the backbone of the entire facility. Encourage opinions and new ideas, offer raises based on performance and NOT social preference.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Presbyterian Village North (View Most Recent)

A micro managed, low paying, do as I say not as I do company

Former Employee - Life Enrichment  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Life Enrichment in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

Pros

My staff was the best. They worked so hard for an embarrassing amount of pay. Of course the residents were precious but I did not have time to bond with them. A handful of staff were nice and I enjoyed being salary. That's all

Cons

I've heard of Micro Managing but I've never seen it done like this. They crushed my spirit. My director was too busy to properly train me but then criticize when the job was not done properly. There's a pyramid of friends running the place and are willing to fire anyone that gets in their way even if it's unscrupulous.

Clean house at the top and let the employees do their job. Oh and stop treating the healthcare residents like 2nd class citizens

Wonderful residents, some great employees, untrustworthy management.

Former Employee - Dietary Supervisor  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mine was a full-time, supervisory position in the food service department. The pay was adequate for a start and benefits were available. I fell in love with the residents, enjoyed my job, and looked forward to the challenges every day. I could have been happy with this location, my position (with hopes of moving upward in management) and expected a long, successful adventure with this company.

Cons

This company had a rigid cap on employees earnings (many employees having worked for years without any hope of a raise) making it impossibly unaffordable for them to take advantage of the benefits package.
    Management was unyielding pertaining to common sense issues, making the challenges for more difficult to overcome than necessary - if at all. Most egregiously, corporate considered their written, mandatory policies to be arbitrary.

Examine what you may be doing wrong to earn yourself a turnover rate of 40+%.
    Awarding human resources authority over the departmental management team to make decisions concerning their employees and issues that arise is unacceptable.
    If an employee offers a solution to a issue, see it for the benefit to management that it is rather than an affront to anyone's standing.
    Accusations of wrong-doing without supportive evidence wins no one respect and ultimately continues a restless, volatile work environment.
    When earning outstanding reviews from state agencies, rather than passing on prayer and praises, it might do well to express your appreciation to the employees who helped the company earn those reviews in the form of much-needed salaries rather than making excuses that your pay is in line with the competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Presbyterian Village North

Worked for Presbyterian Village North? Contribute to the Community!