Presbyterian Village North

www.presbyterianvillagenorth.org
  www.presbyterianvillagenorth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Presbyterian Village North

Wonderful residents, some great employees, untrustworthy management.

Former Employee - Dietary Supervisor  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mine was a full-time, supervisory position in the food service department. The pay was adequate for a start and benefits were available. I fell in love with the residents, enjoyed my job, and looked forward to the challenges every day. I could have been happy with this location, my position (with hopes of moving upward in management) and expected a long, successful adventure with this company.

Cons

This company had a rigid cap on employees earnings (many employees having worked for years without any hope of a raise) making it impossibly unaffordable for them to take advantage of the benefits package.
Management was unyielding pertaining to common sense issues, making the challenges for more difficult to overcome than necessary - if at all. Most egregiously, corporate considered their written, mandatory policies to be arbitrary.

Examine what you may be doing wrong to earn yourself a turnover rate of 40+%.
Awarding human resources authority over the departmental management team to make decisions concerning their employees and issues that arise is unacceptable.
If an employee offers a solution to a issue, see it for the benefit to management that it is rather than an affront to anyone's standing.
Accusations of wrong-doing without supportive evidence wins no one respect and ultimately continues a restless, volatile work environment.
When earning outstanding reviews from state agencies, rather than passing on prayer and praises, it might do well to express your appreciation to the employees who helped the company earn those reviews in the form of much-needed salaries rather than making excuses that your pay is in line with the competition.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Presbyterian Village North (View Most Recent)

Committed to low wages.

Former Employee - Departmental Supervisor  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Departmental Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

Pros

The residents of this retirement community were a blessing to work for and to know.

Cons

While the company praises itself better than the competition it insists on paying its employees based on the same competition.
    The company flaunts its faith-based affiliation, but the hypocrisy is more than evident in how it treats its employees.
    Constructs mandatory regulations and procedures but will not abide by them.

Practice what you preach.
    Do unto others.....
    Work smarter, not harder. This is the most dysfunctional company I've had the benefit of being associated with.

Employees that actually work hard are underpaid and unappreciated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North

Pros

Patients were the only reason I worked there as long as I did.

Cons

Lazy coworkers; greedy, uninvolved upper management; low pay; no appreciation for good service from employees.

Treat your workers with respect, especially the CNA's, they are the backbone of the entire facility. Encourage opinions and new ideas, offer raises based on performance and NOT social preference.

There are newer employer reviews for Presbyterian Village North

Worked for Presbyterian Village North? Contribute to the Community!