Presbyterian Village North

www.presbyterianvillagenorth.org

Wonderful residents, some great employees, untrustworthy management.

Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMine was a full-time, supervisory position in the food service department. The pay was adequate for a start and benefits were available. I fell in love with the residents, enjoyed my job, and looked forward to the challenges every day. I could have been happy with this location, my position (with hopes of moving upward in management) and expected a long, successful adventure with this company.

ConsThis company had a rigid cap on employees earnings (many employees having worked for years without any hope of a raise) making it impossibly unaffordable for them to take advantage of the benefits package.
Management was unyielding pertaining to common sense issues, making the challenges for more difficult to overcome than necessary - if at all. Most egregiously, corporate considered their written, mandatory policies to be arbitrary.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine what you may be doing wrong to earn yourself a turnover rate of 40+%.
Awarding human resources authority over the departmental management team to make decisions concerning their employees and issues that arise is unacceptable.
If an employee offers a solution to a issue, see it for the benefit to management that it is rather than an affront to anyone's standing.
Accusations of wrong-doing without supportive evidence wins no one respect and ultimately continues a restless, volatile work environment.
When earning outstanding reviews from state agencies, rather than passing on prayer and praises, it might do well to express your appreciation to the employees who helped the company earn those reviews in the form of much-needed salaries rather than making excuses that your pay is in line with the competition.

Committed to low wages.

Departmental Supervisor (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

Pros: The residents of this retirement community were a blessing to… Cons: While the company praises itself better than the competition it insists on paying its employees based on the same competition. The company flaunts its… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach. Do unto others..... Work smarter, not harder. This is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Employees that actually work hard are underpaid and unappreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Presbyterian Village North

Pros: Patients were the only reason I worked there as long… Cons: Lazy coworkers; greedy, uninvolved upper management; low pay; no appreciation… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your workers with respect, especially the CNA's, they are the backbone of the entire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Presbyterian Village North.

Worked for Presbyterian Village North? Contribute to the Community!