There are newer employer reviews for PresenceLearning

Founders' egos will be the death of a great idea

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing service that many children need. Good feedback system for the SLPs allowing them to manage their time and work remotely.

Cons

Typical startup with founders who only care about their vision. If you are not from Stanford, don't apply. They are heavily biased. No one except a chosen few are allowed to have input or authority, even over their own departments.

Advice to Management

Step aside, take Board of Director roles and let experienced executives take your vision to market. Or, sell to a large competitor and incubate another idea.

PresenceLearning Response

Oct 27, 2014 – HR Manager

First of all, thank you for the compliments about our service quality and the SPEDinsight system. Thank you also for observing that we are focused on our vision. We definitely believe in what we ... More

Other Employee Reviews for PresenceLearning

1. Great experience working at PL

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate working with students one-on-one or in groups of two. I love being able to maintain the attention of my students well with the use of head-sets, amplified volume, computer screen, and a variety of engaging and didactic activities to improve their speech and language skills. On a personal bases, I love being able to live outside the country while providing services to schools in the states.

Cons

Working as independent contractor means you have to set aside money on a quarterly bases for federal and state taxes, and keep all of your tax deductible receipts.

2. Great Company...A Little Too Much "Cool Club" Mentality

Current Employee - OTR
    Current Employee - OTR

I have been working at PresenceLearning part-time

Pros

I love working for this company. I love the flexibility, I love the innovation, and I love the freedom. I work with great kids, and so many are makng excellent progress. Overall I am very happy working here - I have found my calling.

Cons

There are certain people who are in the know more than others, more than just higher level employees. It feels like there is a cool kids table and then there's everyone else. The cool kids have all the information, and only small bits of it get passed down. I can't help shaking the feeling that no matter how hard I work, I will never be in that club.

Advice to Management

This company is doing amazing things. But please remember that you have hundreds of therapists who really need to know what is going on and who does what. Please, please stay true to the spirit of what you started.