Presidio Graduate School

www.presidioedu.org
  www.presidioedu.org
There are newer employer reviews for Presidio Graduate School

Anything (and everyone) goes!

I worked at Presidio Graduate School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As cynical as it may sound, the massive employee turnover brings with it incredible opportunities. It is possible to arrive in an entry level assistant position and be promoted to management within a year. Amazingly, the schools mission continues to attract employees who are up to the responsibilities that they inherit and the strange and abusive management culture creates tight bonds among ordinary staff members. The job may not last but the relationships will. That said you should seriously consider the very real possibility that accepting employment at the Presidio Graduate School can have a negative impact on your career. Are you comfortable with having a resume with employment gabs? A termination? Do you have alternate references? From a career perspective, PGS is at best a high-stakes gamble and you should proceed through the application process with caution and only accept employment with an exit plan.

Cons

It is true that all but one staff member has resigned since the arrival of the COO in March of 2011. Employees have indeed felt the need to quit without having other jobs lined up and were even terminated while on sick leave. These facts and the details in other reviews are sufficient to give job seekers an idea of what to expect at Presidio. Suffice is to say that so long as the President and Board are either unwilling or unable to act as change agents, you stand a good chance of being subjected to the same treatment that has lead to near %100 staff attrition.

As senior management is the problem there is no advice that I can give them except that they should resign.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Presidio Graduate School (View Most Recent)

Enough venting, now can we get back to work?”

I have been working at Presidio Graduate School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Creative and inspiring community of administration, students, faculty and alumni

Cons

Former and, possibly, current employees relinquish all sense of professionalism and publicly vent their frustrations. No job, no school, and no nonprofit is perfect. We do this work because we care about making a positive and meaningful impact on our community and the world. There are more productive ways to be a change agent than anonymously complaining on public forums.

Have better forums for communication so people don’t feel the need to vent here.

Mission aligned staff committed to sustainability education

I have been working at Presidio Graduate School full-time

Pros

I joined Presidio Graduate School last year and have been learning a lot about its history and where the school is headed. Our new president came in last September and, with key stakeholder engagement, completed a 10-year strategic plan – posted it on the website for full community transparency, which is really important.

The current key initiatives are pursuing independent accreditation, executing the strategic plan, and launching the first fund raising campaign – all of which are moving forward with real traction.

While the staff for the most part is new, our teams are forming well. First performance review process has just been completed and the feedback is positive in both directions. We’re working hard and upping the game from years past where there was a lack of both leadership and a genuine sustainability strategy for long-term growth/viability.

Big names are coming in the door to work with us. Van Jones is a spokesperson and visiting fellow. Howard Dean was this year’s commencement speaker. There’s partnership interest from major foundations and figures in the social investment community

Cons

No place is perfect. Time is needed for our teams to solidify and for so much of the transitional bumps to work through the system. We’re getting closer.....

Keep up the good work. Focus on a few great things and make it happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Presidio Graduate School