Press Ganey

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey

Run into the ground

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey (View Most Recent)

Used to be a great place to work, not so much anymore

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc.

Cons

I used to really think Press Ganey was a great place to work, but in recent months my opinion has taken a complete reversal.

This company continues to pile on unnecessary upper level management (all of whom are old friends of the current CEO), while treating its average employee like dirt. If you are considering working here, don't expect to be fairly compensated for your hard work. Merit increases are no longer a given, and, though they claim that you may still be eligible for a merit increase if you score high marks on your annual performance review, this is a blatant lie. Myself and several others with whom I spoke received marks of "Exceeds Expectations" on our performance reviews, yet we received no merit increases. In the past 6 months alone, I worked an average of 60 hours per week, yet I guess that just wasn't good enough. On the same day that they announced the creation of yet ANOTHER upper level management position, the CEO of the company sent out an e-mail explaining to us that only 65 people in the entire company were deemed worthy of a merit increase this year.

They can't afford to give us raises, or to provide us with desperately needed working laptops, but they sure can afford that new manager! I expect a mass exodus soon.

Stop playing favorites with all of your friends and driving this company into the ground. You're ruining what used to be a good company.

The Iron Triangle

Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Allowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

Cons

Agile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Read Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey