Great place to start working; bad place to stay working.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PriceGrabber.com

Pros

The people are great, the product is helpful to society at large, the hours are reasonable and the offices are clean and nice. I loved all the people I worked with their interesting, intelligent and have their priorities in order.

Cons

The salary is LOW especially compared to similar positions in the same building/neighborhood/city. If you're looking to make a decent salary look elsewhere. The management doesn't understand why they have such high turn over and it really is just as simple as they don't pay people what they're worth. If they would raise the salaries to market rates and provide more room for professional development PriceGrabber would be right up there with Google as an ideal place to work but they never will because the corporate culture of Experian won't allow it.

Pay your good people to stay! Listen to your employees. Let people be innovative!

Other Reviews for PriceGrabber.com

Doing very little to keep good employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PriceGrabber.com

Pros

Great benefits package: Med, Dental, Vision, 401K w/match, free life insurance coverage
    Kitchen - Starbucks and other fancy coffee machine, breakfast (bagels, cereal, yogurt, granola bars) and other snacks
    Carpool/Public transit incentive
    Early office close on Fridays for holiday weekends
    Huge lounge area: Ping Pong, Foosball and Air Hockey tables, Huge HDTV with satellite, Wii room (no one uses)

Cons

Low compensation for industry and pathetic annual increases
    Experian owned - very corporate, tons of red tape for every little thing
    Managers are often powerless due to corporate
    Broken, ill-maintained system tools/processes
    A lot of training/use of proprietary tools that aren't applicable elsewhere
    Low upward mobility and career development
    Little communication between teams/depts.
    Hosted Happy Hours/Holiday Parties have lessened and declined in quality
    Few sick days given

Pay employees better and promote qualified talent or you'll keep losing good employees.

Great people

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PriceGrabber.com

Pros

The people are amazing here. it's like one big family. mostly young 20-30 year olds. There is also free (cold) breakfast, ping pong, pool table, foozeball, 60" TV, library and Wii room. Great vacation time, although skimped on the sick leave. Good medical benefits and 401k etc. in my experience, management cares about you. I've seen teams where this isn't the case, but my team is excellent and i'm sad to leave them.

Cons

It's a very flat company. There are 3 steps between me and the head of the company. And a lot of people have been here for 6+ years and have no intention of leaving, so moving up to management can be a challenge for the pure fact that there are no open positions. It's fairly easy to move around from team to team in linear moves, which is great for learning opportunities and building experience, but upward movement cant be a challenge. Also, the location use to be in Westwood, but now is in Ladera Heights bordering Inglewood. Not many lunch or happy hour options near by.

Look for key talent, and make sure you provide learning opportunities and a chance for career advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for PriceGrabber.com.

Worked for PriceGrabber.com? Contribute to the Community!