Priceline.com

www.priceline.com

senior network engineer

Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsVery lax'd work environment in regards to start time. Most managers are incompetent since they get promoted from within with very little or no management training.

ConsManagement unable to properly gauge good from bad technical talent. The environment tends to be status qua in regards to technology. No longer has the feel of an eCommerce site, but feels more like an insurance or banking institution. Company is very frugal with buying decisions and picks price over quality with regards to buying decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with new management layers and go back to a flat model. The new reorg has bloated the company with regards to executive decision red tape. To much middle management introduced in regards to employee management ratio. This leads to slow decision making process as well as delivery times associated with project delivery times.

Down to earth people, relaxed atmosphere.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: The stock is really strong right now. It wasn't… Cons: Salaries are about average. In some groups they might be… Advice to Senior Management: I think there are very competent leaders at Priceline. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall it's a nice place to work in.

Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros: Great benefits, including discounts on travel. Cons: Some senior management are not very good in their supervisory… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know your team. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Priceline.com.

Worked for Priceline.com? Contribute to the Community!