Priceline.com

www.priceline.com
  www.priceline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Priceline.com

Learn from the best and make your mark

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Priceline has been a fantastic place for me to learn and grow over the past 10+ years. My colleagues are intelligent and passionate about our business. I have learned much from my peers and continue to do so every day. Employees who deliver successful results are rewarded and the company prefers to promote from within. Over the past 18 months, senior management has led a positive cultural change to redefine the direction of the company, including our values, work environment and increase employee engagement.

Cons

In the past, the company's focus on cost control made us successful, however investment in employee development was not a top priority. This has changed recently and Sr. Mgmt. is now supporting training initiatives and is also supporting hiring additional talent where needed.

Continue supporting training opportunities for staff and widen the amount of training offered.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Priceline.com (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros

Great structure, good benefits, nice office culture

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder

Low pay and poor management, low morale and unhappy environment.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Priceline participate in a lot of charity events which is great. The work life balance is very good, you can work from home at times. This is the place where you want to start your career but definitely not end it there. get some experience and run for the hill when your ready.

Cons

Outdated technology, they seem to like to build their own tool when there's already better open source applications out there. Management is just terrible. Some manager are very disrespectful and HR does nothing so don't expect support. No reward for hard work, random firing although that's pretty new. If your in IT, be aware of this place. I would never recommend anyone to work here.

Consider replacing some of your manager, being at a job too long may cloud someone judgment and how to work with others. The simple fact that there are so many openings should give you a reason to worry ( as of 4/14/2013).

There are newer employer reviews for Priceline.com