There are newer employer reviews for Pride International

A company that felt like home

Former Employee - Executive Assistant and Community Affairs Admiinistrator in Houston, TX

I worked at Pride International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Tone at the Top and practicing what they preached. Career development, competitive wages and respect

Cons

They sold out to Ensco plc.

Advice to Management

Do exactly what you did with this company with your next one.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

FOCUS Fatty

Current Employee - Confidential in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Confidential in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pride International

Pros

Pay is competitive, benefits are great!

Cons

Pride is a fat and innefficient organization at the corporate level with little senior leadership. Too much talk with very little walking. There are entirely too many initiatives going on at one time with insufficient resources or focus on any of them. Their focus to become an "Employer of Choice" is premature as they need to focus their time and efforts on shoring up the basics first. Senior management seems to care more about their pay packages rather than making the organization an efficient and well run company, capable of becoming an employer of choice. As they are trying to do with their assets, Pride needs management to "focus"...

Advice to Management

Alot of talking with very little walking. Quit worrying about your employment contracts and run your businesses.

Louis Raspino is a solid CEO with good direction, the management team below him needs to get their ducks in a row though.

Amazing experience

Current Employee - Operations Intern
    Current Employee - Operations Intern

I have been working at Pride International

Pros

Well respected company that gives opportunities to the most deserving people.

Many of the supervisors I met were impressive.

Middle Management opportunities available to younger generations due to fast pace growth and baby boom retirements.

If your serious about putting in the effort to work internationally, this company will give you the chance immediately.

Cons

The HR group is entirely unreliable. If you can bare through the hiring process this is a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed working for the company and many of the young professionals I met were good guys and impressive. You need to straighten out the HR department. The hiring process left me with serious doubts about the company before I worked one day and had me second guessing my decision.