Primanti Bros.

www.primantibros.com
  www.primantibros.com
There are newer employer reviews for Primanti Bros.

fun environment to work at

I have been working at Primanti Bros.

Pros

fun, fast workplace with lots of money to be made

Cons

as the company gets bigger, it's become more corporate.. instead of a family family like they advertise.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Primanti Bros. (View Most Recent)

Great place to serve

Current Employee - Server in Moon, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Moon, PA

I have been working at Primanti Bros. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quick table turnover for servers, great corporate backing

Cons

Hiring is a struggle, may have to work with sub-par servers

n/a

Good if you're strapped for cash

Current Employee - Server in Wheeling, WV
    Current Employee - Server in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Primanti Bros.

Pros

Cash in hand every day, every day is a little different. Meeting different people can be nice, shifts pass quickly if busy because you do not stop. The atmosphere is decent, sometimes its so dark people can't read the menus. There are no bussers but everyone usually tries their best to help each other. I always bussed my own tables anyway and most of the table is thrown in the garbage (not very environmentally friendly)

Cons

I was optimistic and every day kind of gives me a new reason to go find employment elsewhere. The back of house floor is consistently gross. Management will use half of a server's section as an office. Anyone less than a manager can get a free meal but you have to sit on a keg by the garbage cans to eat it. Some managers will eat in front of your face all day. Full time work is available but you could be scheduled multiple 12 hour shifts per week, which is rough when you aren't granted an actual break. Hosts and servers use different seating systems making it very hard to communicate. Kind of a hostile environment, everyone is always on edge. Schedules are made and posted one day before the week begins which means no work/life balance. There is not always a dishwasher and servers are expected to spend a significant amount of time doing dishes. Server wage is $2.13 an hour so servers basically do dishes for free. Clever. Serving while soaking wet with other people's food on your shirt is kind of gross. The entire back of house is way too small, I don't understand how it is up to fire code.

Break down the hierarchy and don't forget the original family values. Build a more nurturing environment, hire more people to give other employees and managers a break so we all don't get burnt out so quickly. Respect employees property and give us a place to put our coats without being stolen/stepped on and maybe a stool to eat on.

There are newer employer reviews for Primanti Bros.