There are newer employer reviews for Prime Communications

Uninspired and negative corporate culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

Work is easy and as long as your actions are recorded in writing by you, you will get through the day. Annual review means as long as you meet minimum requirements for job, you will receive a raise.

Cons

Management is flaky, decisions are made with little to no thought regarding business logic or financial consequences. The 'prime' skill middle and upper management possess is that of passing the buck. Everyone is willing to blame one another for incidents and mistakes, but no one is willing to find a solution. Also, all departments are not kept at same expectations or levels... favoritism runs deep.

1. Stop putting the sales field on a pedestal -- they are costing you money and corporate talent!
2. If you have an Annual review, make it more beneficial than a superficial circus act... reviews should give employees genuine feedback regarding their work, not be a general 'good job' for all when there are clear work discrepancies.
3. If you want talented individuals to remain at Prime, provide career opportunities and benefits worthy of their time and skills. If you don't value their time, they will look elsewhere.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Prime Communications (View Most Recent)

If you can ignore blatant racism...

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Prime Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overtime can be achieved with ease

Cons

Human Resources delay's pay on a regular basis
    Micromanagement from middle and district managers
    Unless your Indian / Middle eastern, your an endangered species.
    Insulting Benefits
    Over the top pressure from Upper management
    Endless Location transfers.

I worked with Prime communications / prime mobile for 1.5 years. This company seems very legit when applying but once inside you realize things are not quite what they seem. The business is run by Middle Eastern types who only promote within the Indian Race. I witnessed countless acts of racism against white and black people from upper management Indians. You're required to work overtime only to later receive phone calls from upper management harassing you about the fact that you worked overtime. During my entire year and a half with the company I never received any of my healthcare / dental benefits which I was paying for. Human resources always " Stalls " paychecks or claims to over compensate only to take money out of future pay days. I was terminated because of a flight delay on the way home from taking my first vacation since starting 1.5 years back.

A Career Stepping Stone Company

Former Employee - Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Prime is a great place for someone who is new in their career field, whether it be sales, HR, IT, supply or whatever.

Cons

Pay is below industry standards. Lots of corruption at the corporate level, bending rules to make the quick buck. A lot of racial discrimination, if you are not Arabic, Middle Eastern or from India, your job will always be on the line. Personal friends and family members are hired and kept on, regardless of skills or work ethic.

Policies change almost every week and the field/corporate are expected to shift gears at the drop of the hat. There is very little communication and/or facilitation between the field and corporate, resulting in lost revenue, missing supplies or any other negative.

There is a constant shift of executive level employees, new people coming in, regions shifting to different leadership. This causes a ton of problems for the field level stores.

Either have a 100% company audit from an independent member or close the doors. This company is nothing but bad news as long as you continue to be corrupt and discriminatory.

There are newer employer reviews for Prime Communications

Worked for Prime Communications? Contribute to the Community!