There are newer employer reviews for Prime Communications

Uninspired and negative corporate culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

Work is easy and as long as your actions are recorded in writing by you, you will get through the day. Annual review means as long as you meet minimum requirements for job, you will receive a raise.

Cons

Management is flaky, decisions are made with little to no thought regarding business logic or financial consequences. The 'prime' skill middle and upper management possess is that of passing the buck. Everyone is willing to blame one another for incidents and mistakes, but no one is willing to find a solution. Also, all departments are not kept at same expectations or levels... favoritism runs deep.

1. Stop putting the sales field on a pedestal -- they are costing you money and corporate talent!
2. If you have an Annual review, make it more beneficial than a superficial circus act... reviews should give employees genuine feedback regarding their work, not be a general 'good job' for all when there are clear work discrepancies.
3. If you want talented individuals to remain at Prime, provide career opportunities and benefits worthy of their time and skills. If you don't value their time, they will look elsewhere.

reviews filtered by

I do not recommend working here

Current Employee - Sales in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Erie, PA

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hours are flexible
    Commission is somewhat attainable

Cons

Pay: Hourly pay is not market-level. No paid holidays, hours get cut at a moment's notice.
    Position: reps constantly get shifted to other stores, regardless of commute from home. Store managers and district managers frequently get demoted with no notice or reason.
    Support: none. Prime expects big results from its employees while giving them no support
    Hours: managers are expected to work 47.5 hours a week, every week, even if reps' hours get cut
    Benefits are expensive

Care about your employees. Happy employees will care about the company. Encourage DMs and RDs to support sales staff instead of threatening with firings and suspensions.

2. Get your sales experience and move on to something better

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro to this job is the hands on sales experience. This was my first sales job and I feel I learned a lot from this. However, the pay is difficult to live off of unless you are in a busy store or an excellent sales rep. Top rep in the store I worked at was making $2-3k a month depending on spiffs and bonuses.

Cons

Lots of downtime at slow stores. If you are not at a mall location expect to make $1500 a month. This is not a career unless you are friends with management. I was with another AT&T retailer before Prime Communications bought them. It is safe to say that while they promised great things, nothing really changed except we had less accessory inventory for phones and they were a little more organized.

Management is terrible. The manager at my store was young and his priorities were elsewhere; partying, going to the beach, and hanging out with friends. He would often leave the store to go to hang out with his friends. He neglected to hire another rep when we were short staffed. Our District Manager hired the store manager solely based on returning a favor. He had no previous management experience, and did not do much in the way of managing. Because of their "buddy buddy" relationship, I could not bring these problems to our District Manager. We consistently ran out of paper and toner for the printers, paper towels for the bathroom, and never had any selection for accessories for phones. Some of the sales technique we were told to use were questionable. Such as changing accounts to become more profitable without the account holders approval and adding features without actually selling them anything.

The pay at this job is terrible. No overtime is allowed and this company looks for ways to take away your bonus. You generally have no idea how much to expect on your commission checks because they only give you your "Run Rate". First commission check is two months out to compensate for charge-backs. BUT when you quit, they hold onto your last two checks for 180 days to allow all charge-backs to come through. 6 MONTHS!!!

Get it together Prime. I am speaking for a lot of reps when I say I am not impressed with this company. My advice to individuals looking for a job: get the sales experience under your belt and move on to a higher paying and more rewarding job.

Pay more attention to the employees that make you your estimated $25.5 million a year. . Give better incentives; more $$ for reps means more motivation. Motivation = more sales. More sales = more money in Prime's pocket. This is very simple logic.

There are newer employer reviews for Prime Communications