ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy job good money if you try hard enough

Cons

It wasnt the greatest culture and middle management wasnt very ethical

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Prime is a very VERY cheap company.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prime has decent compensation plans, assuming you are in a decent location and said location is understaffed. It is fairly easy to get promoted to Store Manager.

Cons

Pay is sub-par, expectations are very high. As a manager, EVERYTHING is blamed on you, whether it is under your control or not. Stores are staffed for associates to meet minimum goals, but it is very difficult to reach higher pay-tiers. Manager goals are set to nearly unattainable levels, and any achievements above your goals cause drastic increases in future goals. The company is very cheap, and any losses of any sort are taken directly out of your paycheck. As a manager it is not uncommon to see bonus deductions of anywhere from $300-$700 each month. Not to mention, stores have no security WHATSOEVER, just a massive impenetrable safe and anything that goes missing is taken from the managers paycheck.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better! Some loss is to be expected, that's just the cost of doing business.

"A plague on the wireless retail world: Prime Communications."

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro was for the most part being there was never anything I could really quickly kill myself with in store. After my old company had been purchased the higher management was so disconnected with us they kind of ignored us for good or for bad because they just felt it'd all settle eventually.

Cons

I was lied about pay and salary. Commissions were fought over and seldom paid, and if paid, charge backs needed reviewed because over 80% of them were illegitimate. I was told I had to fire my staff of two people forcing me to work alone for 4 months, 7 days a week, open to close alone. When asked for time off I was denied until I threatened action. After the buy out I signed a contract stating they'd honor my seniority and honor my original hire date; in which I was to receive my PTO. When the date came I requested time off to find I had none.I contacted human resources and sent them a copy of the work contract I signed. They said though it was worded stating that was the case it was false and if I wanted to sue I could get a lawyer and lose in court and lose my job over it. Did I have any more questions. Advancement was controlled by nothing more then sales numbers so morons in faster stores are promoted to higher management due to high numbers to only cause issues and a high mid level turn over rate for higher managers. Logistics and communications were horrific. Over emailed every hour of every day. All logistics were failed attempts at getting bottom grade supplies. I was asked to work off the clock to prevent over time, and told if I did not work off the clock I would be reprimanded for "not being a team player." Selling refurbished phones that were a below standard grade knowingly of their defects, specifically targeting the poor, elderly, or less educated and detailing a lack of warranty or return policy in the fine print on receipts. The company promoted account fraud through requiring "free features" be put on accounts even when specifically requested to not be put on or removed. In addition it was suggested to document social security information and account passcode information on a physical sales funnel for easy access to accounts to perform upgrade and U-verse checks. Knowingly selling defective or bad accessories. In general this had been the worst company I had ever worked for... if I could truly rate this company it would not aspire to a single star..

Advice to Management

My honest advice would be to start recording phone calls from higher managers. Carbon coping emails and documenting responses. Rise up and sue the company for its several series of illegal and immoral actions. AT&T should disband the company and pull their ability to sell product.