PrimeFlight Aviation Services

www.primeflight.com
There are newer employer reviews for PrimeFlight Aviation Services

Could be so much more...

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Ramp Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Upper management is great, no complaints.

Cons

Middle management has major communications and professionalism issues

Handle mid-management issues and it could be so much more...

17 Other Employee Reviews for PrimeFlight Aviation Services (View Most Recent)

Working the Ramp

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at PrimeFlight Aviation Services

Pros

Lots of down time while on the job

Cons

a very physical job indeed

respect employees

The ups and downs of managing contracts.

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At first, a lot of autonomy. I was pretty much handed the operation, and told to run it as I saw fit. I was able to decrease our labor expense relative to revenue about 3%. The more responsibility was thrown at me, the more I enjoyed it. Made my own schedule, and had a Regional Director who looked out for me and made himself available to bounce a question off of when I needed it.

Cons

I was outbid on a contract, which threw my future with the company into doubt. Managing contracts like this, you have to be comfortable with the fact that you're always 30 days from the unemployment line if things start to go bad or your customer pulls the plug. ZERO job security.

As time went on, micromanagement set in, and anyone who was having difficulty managing their station could expect an ear full and finger wagging on a weekly basis. The confrontational, condescending, adolescent tone of voice that was taken with me by more than one VP was very frustrating. There is a huge disconnect between the executive level and station level management.

Less micromanagement, trust your GM's, less condescending finger pointing when things get rocky.

Start to seriously think about ways for your good management talent to work remotely and stay in the company if their contract goes up in smoke, otherwise you'll continue to lose good management talent. Payroll processing, HR, technical reps; there are a hundred ways a creative company could think of to hang onto it's best management talent. After two years of consistently outperforming my pears, I was unceremoniously laid off.

There are newer employer reviews for PrimeFlight Aviation Services