Character Development

Former Employee - Regional Leader  in  Auburn Hills, MI
Former Employee - Regional Leader in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Primerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High integrity when it comes to doing what's right for the consumer!
Unlimited Income potential.
The opportunity to develop as an individual in so many areas.
They believe in you and will give you a chance at your dream life even if no one else will.
Opportunity to be your own boss.
The ability to build and grow a business that will continue to pay you for generations long after you stop working.

Cons

not a perfect scenario but nothing is! with a business structure of recruit anybody and everybody to expand distribution, there's no way that the company can ever afford to improve training procedures.
most reps are very unknowledgeable and understandably so.
end of the day, full responsiblity each individual to make it happen. If you're willing to make it happen, anyone can succeed at Primerica! most people just aren't willing. No person in history that ever accomplished anything worthwhile did so without a great deal of obstacles. people that blame the company and talk badly about the company just aren't mature enough to take responsibility! I wasn't willing to do what it takes! Not the company's fault. I would even consider going back some day if i can handle the financial instability. Biggest key to success at primerica outside of taking full responsibiltiy and doing what it takes by sitting down with at 5 or more qualified families a week after being fully field trained is to work with the right office! An office that is focused on dominating and growing! If you're not plugged into that type of environment and support, good luck!

Other Reviews for Primerica

Negative comments concerning Primerica

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and follow the advice of those who have succeeded, you will be sucessful. You can establish a business for $99, get your credentials paid for, and have a complete support system.

As to the comment on here that "Primerica is the worst", this seems to come fomr a group of people who feel entitled to have a 6-figure income, a corner office, 8 weeks of vacation and an expense reqirement just for showing up. Young people have forgotten that you get those things by working not only hard but smart. There are no instant results. Go earn it.

Cons

A little too careful in implementing things.

Get the Primerica name out more. Show the great things the company can do for families.

learing experience for the business oriented

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Primerica

Pros

I was intrigued by Primerica because, having worked in banking and currently working in the brokerage industry, I understood that they were offering a valuable service to their clients. Primerica is a divison of CITI, one of the largest banks in the world. Citi offers just about every financial product under the sun and they use Primerica as a sales force of their many products.

Cons

They are still a multi-level marketing firm. The problem I find with many MLM’s is that many of them coerce and pressure people to join – personally, nothing turns me off quicker than when I feel like I am being pressured into something. I did not sign up with them so I don’t have a full understanding of how they get paid. My rep said something about there being four ways, but seemed to intentionally keep it vague. From what other Primerica reps have said, most money is made from recruiting people rather than selling products – and it is difficult to make much money if you don’t recruit a bunch of people.

What I think is brilliant with Primerica is that their goal is to help their customers use their existing income and shift things around freeing up extra cash to fund retirement and other savings goals. In the example they showed (I am not sure if it was the average American’s financial situation) they refinanced the customers mortgage and switched them from a cash value life insurance policy to a term policy freeing up $500 a month. They then take this $500 and show them how to make good use of it by investing in mutual funds for retirement, saving for college, etc…

There are newer employer reviews for Primerica.

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!