There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

Wonderful company to work for, not the company to work for if you have a job mentality

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rego Park, NY
Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It provide you the opportunity to learn about very useful financial information, it's like a mini mall you can actually build a company inside a company. OUTSTANDING INCOME, great training and coaching, possibility of growing, it allows you to work with people you know, no cold calling. It provide services that actually help families. I am actually returning soon. I can do business while working my job which is awesome for a second income if you are good with people you should take this company serious. Contact me in a few months :)

Cons

It's commission based, it's sales, some agents may actually call your resume making you believe that you are going for the position you are actually looking for. THAT IS NOT PRIMERICA that's the agent doing bad business PRIMERICA is not about cold calling people watch out for those agents. They are lazy and a bad look to the company.

Advice to Management

Can you please penalize the cold callers? I was a part time agent and was looking for a job while trying to grow the business and I actually received a call from an agent from my office. This person was so lazy that didn't even take time to do the business right, called my resume that actually had a picture of me. That type of agent have the wrong personality, they can't even remember the faces in the building which it sucks for the company to have this kind of people

Other Employee Reviews for Primerica

1. Great learning experience

Current Employee - District Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal development, leadership, challenging, helping families, strong income potential

Cons

Results vary greatly depending on personal effort as well as from office to office.

The Best Opportunity Going!

Current Employee - District Leader in Morganton, NC
    Current Employee - District Leader in Morganton, NC

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Primerica has integrity. I have worked with them for five months. They have paid for all my training and licensing including my 6 and 63. My mentor has driven to my home and worked with me setting up an office and developing a strategy for my business on her own dime. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty over and over again! By the way, she didn't recruit me, I went looking for her. I wanted to start a brokerage and this was the best business plan out there.

Cons

Unfortunately, some of the "recruits" don't understand what a great opportunity we have. This is not a get rich quick scheme, nor is it a job. The corporate culture doesn't try to look into the hearts and minds of people. It lets people filter themselves out...so the door is open to all. Some people complain that Primerica doesn't go through a rigorous hiring process. It doesn't because it is not a job, it is a business. Some of the best in business were rejected by those who thought they were able to predict success.

Advice to Management

Make sure anyone who tries to recruit as a job is immediately removed from the organization.