Primerica

www.primerica.com
  www.primerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

My experience has been great so far and will get even better in the future.

Current Employee - District Leader in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - District Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with Primerica for less than a year now. I love the freedom to come and go as I please. The possibilities are up to you. If you get listened, which means studying' then you will be successful. I have a great RVP and he teaches me constantly about our products and how we help people. It's not about the money, it's about helping people. Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better. We don't have agents out there trying to make a sale just to make a dollar. Most agents have a full time job so they don't have to make a sale at the customers expense. We have no quota, so your earning potential is entirely up to you. The test that you have to take are not Primerica test, they are state licensed test". They are not easy whatsoever, so if an agent is licensed, he earned it. I am by no means a salesman, yet I have been able to help some family and friends get insurance or wills, or even lower their auto insurance and all without trying to make a sale. It came only with general conversation and finding out a need they had and a product we had to fulfil that need

Cons

The downside to working for Primerica is that there are some people that join the company for the wrong reasons. If you have a bad up line or trainer' then you will get discouraged. If you don't get your license then you can't market our products and you will never get to see the value in the company.

284 Other Employee Reviews for Primerica (View Most Recent)

Great place

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom from the traditional job workplace. lots of freedom an opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

finding other hard workers can be challenging.

Great learning experience

I worked at Primerica

Pros

This sales job gave me a real education in the field of personal finance. The grassroots perspective of Primerica is unique in the financial field, which normally caters to upper-class clientele. Between Primerica and Dave Ramsey, I have a clear understanding of what the vast majority of American families can do to get out of debt, protect their income, and save for the future. My support team was incredible as well.

Cons

I am not a salesperson. This opportunity is for those who want to promote a good product and build a downline of sales reps. The system is great, but not for those who are not driven to sell. The opportunity is often pitched to people who are not the best fit for the position. I believe that people can change with enough motivation, but you have to be realistic.

Make sure that the reps present the whole picture of what being a Primerica rep looks like when they are recruiting. My team was good about that, but I have met some pretty disillusioned people who were given false hope.

There are newer employer reviews for Primerica