Primerica

www.primerica.com
  www.primerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

Management at Home Office really cares!

Current Employee - Regional Vice President
Current Employee - Regional Vice President

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great home office people.Very Flexible hours with a focus on results. Education on how personal finance really works is worth it alone.

Cons

All problems with self-employment. Field supervisor is self employed too and has too much control over your career.

Love the tech changes! Not a lot else can be done about field personnel as long as they are self-employed.

284 Other Employee Reviews for Primerica (View Most Recent)

Become debt-free, financially independent and properly protected!

Current Employee - Independent Representative in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Independent Representative in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unlimited potential
    Be your own boss
    Gain control of not only your time but your finances
    Become debt-free sooner

Cons

You are your own boss. ;) if you don't have the ability to manage your time efficiently or you lack motivation, then I suggest to work on those soft skills before giving Primerica a try. Nobody is going to hold your hand and manage your days for you.

It is not easy to get started. It is not a job, but your own Independent business. You are the business owner. There are many laws that prohibit talking about salary, and it is a commission-only career. They push you to build your business by recruiting anyone and everyone. It is very easy to alienate your friends. Social media is a tool that is reserved for those that are at least Regional Vice Presidents.

All that being said...the message they are trying to send to mainstream USA is sound. They preach to every recruit to do what is right for the client 100% of the time. They are very warm and welcoming to people in general. The friendships I am making due to my continued business relationship with Primerica is priceless and irreplaceable. If you are capable of putting in the hard work and time, living by the '80/20 rule' makes it that much easier, then I suggest you at least give it a try!

Allowing some form of advertising with social media to all levels of representatives would greatly enhance the ability of recruits to get their business up and running faster.

A Company where you must work to get somewhere.

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

Great business opportunity.
    Constantly learning about finances and the way money works.
    Great motivators and speakers (I went to a convention)

Cons

As much as it is said that it does not work as a pyramid scheme in a way it does because the man on top is the one that continues to grow. But all networking typed companies are like this.
    Prospecting and Recruiting and selling is necessary to grow in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Primerica