Prince Georges County Public School
www.pgcps.org Upper Marlboro, MD

Many committed (and some not-so-committed) teachers working with limited resources and a stifling bureaucracy.

Secondary Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to work in a dynamic environment each day with students and colleagues. If you benefit from administrative support and have the drive, you can have a great impact. Work relationships are generally collegial, and there is a sense that we are all in this together.

ConsAnything involving the central office is paralyzing slow and mismanaged. The best advice I received was that if you need to hand anything in, do so in person and make sure you get a signed receipt. Also, class sizes can be ludicrous (40+ is not uncommon in some secondary-level placements).

pgcps needs to think about their employees

School Accounting Secretary (Current Employee)

I have been working at Prince Georges County Public School full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: off summers and holidays smh Cons: needs a total rehaul no accountability no raise in 8 years no… Advice to Senior Management: mamnagement is not conssitant and leadership constantly changing No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place To Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Prince Georges County Public School

Pros: Help Kids in Need, Help America's Future. Teaching is a very rewarding… Cons: Long long hours and constant scrutiny by a variety of observers, parents,… Advice to Senior Management: Find ways to get rid of bad teachers and push good teachers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Prince Georges County Public School.

Worked for Prince Georges County Public School? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prince Georges County Public School reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Prince Georges County Public School CEO Kevin M. Maxwell . All reviews posted anonymously by Prince Georges County Public School employees.