Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)

www.pgcps.org
  www.pgcps.org
There are newer employer reviews for Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)

Prince George's County Schools Rock

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Laurel, MD
Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Laurel, MD

I worked at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with the people that I worked with and the children I helped develop their great futures. I love working with our little guys and gals they are the one who if I'm not feeling well or having a good day they brighten it up and I'm laughing because they said or did something nice or sweet or so funny that I can't help but to laugh smile or feel better. The fact that I want to come back to the Bus Attendants job from 2007.

Cons

I would love to drive the school bus but my eye sight and dyslexia won't allow me to do that job. I never liked the application process it's too long and too much paperwork needed to be hired for any job applying for I hope that changes soon.

The substitute probation till you can move up to Full-time bus attendant. I would say 6 months is long enough to make that move. There should never be favorites with management and lower staff from the main office to the bus lots and there were when I was there. Please correct that and all will be a great place to work.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (View Most Recent)

Good start for new teachers, but not for longevity

Former Employee - Teacher in Riverdale, MD
    Former Employee - Teacher in Riverdale, MD

I worked at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to start as a new teacher who needs to get experience under their belt.

Cons

- the county literally builds the curriculum as the school year is in session. You will find out a week before a unit begins what you will be teaching
    -too many new initiatives without support or follow through from the county

-HR is slow and not helpful
    -support the teachers more

Great benefits...unfortunately, its not always for the students.

Current Employee - Paraeducator in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Paraeducator in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting to work with a diverse group of teachers and students from different educational and socioeconomic backgrounds.

Cons

Dealing with the ongoing problem of a stale educational system that is in need of a major shift.

There are newer employer reviews for Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)