Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)

www.pgcps.org
Unclaimed Profile

Prince George's County Schools Rock

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Laurel, MD
Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Laurel, MD

I worked at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the people that I worked with and the children I helped develop their great futures. I love working with our little guys and gals they are the one who if I'm not feeling well or having a good day they brighten it up and I'm laughing because they said or did something nice or sweet or so funny that I can't help but to laugh smile or feel better. The fact that I want to come back to the Bus Attendants job from 2007.

Cons

I would love to drive the school bus but my eye sight and dyslexia won't allow me to do that job. I never liked the application process it's too long and too much paperwork needed to be hired for any job applying for I hope that changes soon.

Advice to Management

The substitute probation till you can move up to Full-time bus attendant. I would say 6 months is long enough to make that move. There should never be favorites with management and lower staff from the main office to the bus lots and there were when I was there. Please correct that and all will be a great place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)

1. IT NETWORK ASSOCIATE

Pros

Great place to work. Enjoyed working with the team of great co workers.

Cons

No cons. I enjoyed my job.

2. Poor Communication

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Many very talented coworkers who made it tolerable; Once hired to do one thing, many more "off" hour expectations were outlined, and if you did not participate, it was reflected in your evaluation

Cons

Poor communication from many departments which do not seem to know what the left hand is doing; many administrators do not have a plan about how to handle discipline, and the children are suffering from not having consequences from their actions