Prince William County Schools
www.pwcs.edu Manassas, VA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work

Teacher (Current Employee)
Manassas, VA

ProsPWCS has abundant opportunities for professional development, a solid support team, and reasonable pay and benefits. Job satisfaction is going to be on a case by case basis depending on what school you work at, but I personally love my school.

ConsAs with any teaching profession, dealing with parents can be challenging. Additionally, PWCS does not have a fantastic special education program. The sped teachers are amazing, but the qualification committees seem to only want to do the paperwork and testing for kids who have vocal parents.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your teachers, custodians, teacher assistants, and other employees. Teaching is a difficult profession that is quite emotionally draining. Offer words of encouragement to help teachers continue to feel appreciated. Also, make sure you really are in it for the children. Don't let a child fall through the cracks just because the only person rooting for him/her is the teacher. In other word, don't just help kids with special needs who have vocal parents.

Great School District Does Not Pay Teachers Enough for Area Living

Teacher (Former Employee)
    Manassas, VA

I worked at Prince William County Schools

Pros: Great teachers, administrators, and students. Northern Virginia is a cultural center in itself, in addition to being close to Washington DC. There is… Cons: Compensation is the biggest downside. The salaries do not… Advice to Senior Management: Put the pressure on the Board to increase salaries. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Love my school

Elementary Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Prince William County Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I love the administration and teachers at the school I work in. We have a… Cons: The current amount of additional hours of work (beyond the extra hours teachers already put in) is now very unrealistic, especially with a young family.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Prince William County Schools.

Worked for Prince William County Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prince William County Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Prince William County Schools CEO Steven L Walts. All reviews posted anonymously by Prince William County Schools employees.