Executive level views do not filter down to IT.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Santa Clarita, CA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Princess Cruise Lines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Executive level has great ideas

Cons

All the energy of 1st level management is directed toward being right, good, the best, not at fault, taking credit, and assigning blame. High stress levels with all the favoritism. Retaliation for asking any questions beyond your own "project lead". A total do as I say, not as I do enviroment in the IT department. Treated like children. Manager more suited to be working at McDonalds where employees work like robots and never question anything and all the praise goes to the Manager.

actually respond to the employee surveys. The attitudes and favortism shown my your managers, directors and sometimes VP's are leading to greatly diminished attitudes and productivity.

Other Reviews for Princess Cruise Lines

is avery big orgination

Current Employee - Cook  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cook in New York, NY

I have been working at Princess Cruise Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

free traveling any very in world, accomodation is good,park provided very good

Cons

to much work , no day off, only work work and work full 8month,salary is very low

gally staff should increase,gally staff salary is low comparing to other compan,extra work with out pay,

Great way to see Alaska and come home with no money...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Trapper Creek, AK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trapper Creek, AK

I worked at Princess Cruise Lines as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This is a really great place to work for making new friends and exploring the world if you are given the time. Great if you have no other bills at home to be paid.

Cons

Although there are some fringe benefits (discounted travel after completing the season), you still have to pay for room and board. Most positions are a decent hourly rate, however when you know, and I really did know, that there are some servers making $30-$40K cash in four months, the rest of us didn't make anything in comparison (less than $6K) after they took out for room and board.

And as far as time off to "explore the world" as I previously stated, depending on your position and depending on your schedule, this time can be very limited. The servers there really do get the best of both worlds. They make the most money and the have more people on staff to be able to switch around their schedules to have days off at a time to go out and explore. Most other positions are barely staffed enough to cover the day-to-day operations, so getting more than one day off in a row is almost impossible.

Share the wealth. I watched as contests were handed out left and right to the servers for $500 airline vouchers. It makes no sense that the people making the most money on property are being given the opportunity to earn these free handouts when it is the rest of the entire staff there who are making it possible for those servers to even have people sitting at their tables, and the rest of the staff who could really use the free tickets.

There are newer employer reviews for Princess Cruise Lines.

Worked for Princess Cruise Lines? Contribute to the Community!