Princeton Review

www.princetonreview.com
  www.princetonreview.com
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

Help kids smart, casual environment.

Current Employee - Director in Field, KY
Current Employee - Director in Field, KY

I have been working at Princeton Review

Pros

Helping kids. Casual environment. Smart people abound. Innovation rewarded. Camaraderie of immediate coworkers. Local autonomy. Pay is better than competitors. Benefits are good and improving. Industry leader (it's good to be part of the best).

Cons

Satisfying unsatisfiable customers. Spotty communication between the field and management. Occasional night and weekend work. Peak times are stressful. Tech resources make job harder, not easier. The phones don't stop ringing.

Let the field know what's going on BEFORE major, life-altering decisions are made. Set realistic and achievable goals. Because management is fairly new, it would be helpful for them to communicate with field veterans to learn from mistakes of past management (and not repeat them).

162 Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review (View Most Recent)

Good place to get training, then move on.

Former Employee - Instructor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Instructor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Princeton Review

Pros

Lots of independence, opportunities for training, very good salary. They pay for you to take exams and you can get trained on a variety of exams which they will encourage you to do. You become very good in your presentation skills and build confidence in public speaking.

Cons

Very hard to move up in the organization. The work is only part time in nature, I do not see how you could be an instructor on a full time basis and would need to eventually move up into management to stay with the company, which was not a career path open to me.

More feedback should be given to employees.

Cheap pay, not that bad of a short term job for people straight out of college looking desperately for work.

Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Princeton Review

Pros

Easy to get the job. Everyone who got approved for the training thing got hired. Pretty flexible with work hours - I was able to come in early now and then, and it didn't seem to be a problem that it meant I could get off early. It was even mentioned before we were hired that it was possible to do such a thing. Mgmt doesn't criticize you much because they aren't paying you much anyway! The people were fairly nice, and the bosses are nice too.

Cons

Lousy pay. Corporate environment. Felt like unimportant cattle all lined up in a row of computers. It gets boring after a while. Nobody seems to be excited about being there.

Never met senior mgmt.