Princeton Review

www.princetonreview.com
  www.princetonreview.com
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

Good company, will work you to death.

Former Employee - SAT Instructor in La Jolla, CA
Former Employee - SAT Instructor in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun working with students, hours are very nice, although you can say goodbye to your weekends. Friendly management makes work less stressful.

Cons

Company expects rote memorization and delivery of a stale curriculum. The amount of content required for each hour of instruction is ludicrous. The online grading system is always experiencing errors of one kind or another.

162 Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review (View Most Recent)

Director of K-12

Former Employee - Director of Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in New York, NY

I worked at Princeton Review full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are very nice and a good lay back atmosphere. The company pays good attention to good holidays days off, etc. Very fun place to work at especially the Soho office

Cons

Very pressing for time and everything is a do it yourself theme. Not much room for growth. Very hard to have a job like this and a family. Also some weekend work is expected from you at least once a month.

Awesome college job with great potential for future careers!

Former Employee - ACT Instructor & Tutor in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - ACT Instructor & Tutor in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started working here in college as a part-time job teaching ACT prep. I had no intentions of going into teaching, but it's an easy job if you are personable and friendly. Training is paid, and you can be trained in multiple types of tests, including grad tests if you are a grad student. Great pay as well, for a part-time college gig. If a teacher is good, he or she can also tutor which is at higher pay, and in my opinion, better than teaching a class for both tutor & student. Also, I've known several people to be promoted to management/office positions full-time. The company is also pretty laid-back, as long as you are a good employee! The people in management at my local office were fun, smart people, great at managing the teachers.

Cons

Not consistent hours, because you chose to pick up a class or tutoring student as they come.

There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review